Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-04-2005, 00:25
Melthroak Melthroak is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Elsewhere
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Melthroak is on a distinguished road
COOP play in LAN with 1 DVD

It's so simple, it's almost sad it took me 1 week to figure out!
Only works with an original copy of the game:
1. Install the game into each computer with the original DVD
2. Update or start the game
3. Once the game is in the Solo/COOP screen, remove the DVD from the DVD-Rom and put it into the other computer's DVD-Rom
4. Start a coop game with any of the two computers and enjoy fine LAN play

Been tested an works with version 1.01 of the game

To sum it up, the safety verification is done only upon starting the game (the loading gizmo), after that, it never checks for the DVD in the drive allowing to play like you would with an XBox or a PS2. It's as simple as that!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 08-04-2005, 00:37
tbaher's Avatar
tbaher tbaher is offline
Die Hard Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: America's Dairyland
Posts: 255
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
tbaher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to tbaher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melthroak
It's so simple, it's almost sad it took me 1 week to figure out!
Only works with an original copy of the game:
1. Install the game into each computer with the original DVD
2. Update or start the game
3. Once the game is in the Solo/COOP screen, remove the DVD from the DVD-Rom and put it into the other computer's DVD-Rom
4. Start a coop game with any of the two computers and enjoy fine LAN play

Been tested an works with version 1.01 of the game

To sum it up, the safety verification is done only upon starting the game (the loading gizmo), after that, it never checks for the DVD in the drive allowing to play like you would with an XBox or a PS2. It's as simple as that!
dude, that's soooo illegal
__________________
Playing games is not the same after getting married.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-04-2005, 01:39
Melthroak Melthroak is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Elsewhere
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Melthroak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaher
dude, that's soooo illegal
Meaning it's illegal that
1. I paid my original copy of a game
2. I installed it on MY two computers
3. I allow a friend to play with ME via LAN

So technically, it's as if I had purchased a console version.

I didn't do any copy, hell I even can't. Damn game restrain my right to do myself a backup copy and, with our laws, THAT's illegal. But I don't mind, as long as I can enjoy what I paid for.

Anyway, you see the common sense here.
Cheers!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-04-2005, 02:31
DABhand DABhand is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Near my PC
Posts: 5,406
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
DABhand is on a distinguished road
This is one of those things, that people are not sure about law wise.

1. You cant technically install the same disc on 2 machines, people think you can aslong as they are in your own home, but technically no, 1 copy per machine.

2. You can however, install on a machine, remove at a later date then install on a new one. You just cant however have on both machines at once.

3. Doesnt matter what intepretation is thrown at me from here, it clearly states in any game EULA and ESD (European Software Directive) that 1 copy per machine, no but's or maybe's.


So thats why tbaher said it was sooooo illegal, but again it isnt that bad compared to buying a burned copy or downloading an image.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-04-2005, 04:11
Mister_T Mister_T is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Giresun
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mister_T is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Mister_T Send a message via MSN to Mister_T
Hello guys

nobody can explain like it with the mini image here plays. with the Nightmare it doesn't work.......


Or later a mini image comes for Germans plays.



sorry for my bad English. I come from Lohberg.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-04-2005, 12:20
tbaher's Avatar
tbaher tbaher is offline
Die Hard Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: America's Dairyland
Posts: 255
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
tbaher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to tbaher
Quote:
Anyway, you see the common sense here
yeah .. it's sad that law and common sense don't always agree
__________________
Playing games is not the same after getting married.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-04-2005, 05:20
GLH's Avatar
GLH GLH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Berlin / Germany
Posts: 4,727
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
GLH is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melthroak
Meaning it's illegal that
1. I paid my original copy of a game
2. I installed it on MY two computers
3. I allow a friend to play with ME via LAN

So technically, it's as if I had purchased a console version.

I didn't do any copy, hell I even can't. Damn game restrain my right to do myself a backup copy and, with our laws, THAT's illegal. But I don't mind, as long as I can enjoy what I paid for.

Anyway, you see the common sense here.
Cheers!
You didn't bought the game. You only bought ONE license to install and play the game. This license allows you to install and play it on ONE computer. If you want to install and play it on another computer, you have to uninstall it from the first computer.
__________________
Please read the FileForums [URL="http://www.fileforums.com/showthread.php?t=54193"]BOARD RULES[/URL] and [URL="http://www.fileforums.com/showthread.php?t=73906"]FAQs[/URL].

This post may not be reproduced without prior written permission.
Copyright (c) 2000-2008 All rights reserved to makes me feel special. :-)
[COLOR=black]
[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-04-2005, 06:27
Mister_T Mister_T is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Giresun
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mister_T is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Mister_T Send a message via MSN to Mister_T
their that thinks also for the German version the mini image publishes.



Sorry for my bad English, I come from Germany.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory sgtshaft PC Games 21 05-05-2005 18:24
Found Patch For Splinter Cell 2 xman26 PS2 Games 1 12-07-2004 14:12
Splinter CELL 2 v.1.02 crack GhoulTouch Multi Player Games 0 12-06-2004 03:13
Splinter Cell Read Errors and slow dump Q,. wisting PC Games 5 30-06-2003 02:26
Splinter Cell 3rd Disc anglik24 PC Games 4 04-03-2003 20:30



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com