Go Back   FileForums > Games > Game Coders

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #10  
Old 26-04-2006, 08:31
Muji-FightR's Avatar
Muji-FightR Muji-FightR is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: beyond belief
Posts: 766
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Muji-FightR is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Muji-FightR Send a message via Yahoo to Muji-FightR
Wink

Hey, thanks for that great reply...
Well, first of all, I know what a debugger is (do I ?), I know cracking games isn't changing jumps LOL, and I'm familiar with basic unpacking/dumping/fixing IAT...

My problem is just, cracking games is rather difficult, and w/o any direction it is hard to walk, isnt it...
Thats why I was asking, how should I be able to reverse a SD3/4 game without knowing how to solve special problems (didnt even know that Olly cant handle SD3 lol)...
Only with looking at an engine, it's possible to guess its function and disassemble it, but with the knowledge of a teacher who already knows almost anything, it's WAY easier than without...
Sure, curiosity is important, no doubt, but you can also go too far with it :P

Thanks again, great help and gorgeous SR7 tutorial
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Copy protections detecting virtual CDs : is this legal ? mim CD/DVD Copy Protections & Utilities 1 26-12-2004 17:10
copy off a copy? dusted PC Games 2 18-10-2002 17:38
Anyone know what copy protection(s) Icewind Dale 2 has? gjb1 PC Games 0 05-09-2002 11:42
Copy of a copy of a copy (of a copy) pariah DC Games 2 14-01-2001 18:44



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com