Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > Microsoft XBox > XBox Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #23  
Old 26-01-2004, 19:05
MikeTee MikeTee is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MikeTee
At the risk of sounding lame(no comment TYLER)LOL, try something simple if you haven't already. You have a 1.0 XBOX, so I'm guessing it's a couple of years old at least and "been 'round the block a few times". Try a lens cleaner disk on it.

I've got 2 XBOXes, one modded, one not. They both have Thompson drives and they both play +R & +RW with no prob. I usually use Fuji, Philips or Verbatim. One of them started to give me trouble with R & RW's, so I used a MAXELL lens cleaner kit and the problem disks immediately booted. Haven't had a problem since. I use the lens cleaner once every couple of months.

On another note, I've never been crazy about Memorex DVD's for movies or otherwise. As for copying movies, I either use DVD2One or DVD95. They both work exceptionally well. Matter of fact, DVD95's newest version guarantees XBOX/PS2 compatibility. DVD copies have always been problematic on consoles, so X COPY Express may even be the culprit.

Mike T.
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 13:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com