Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-02-2006, 04:34
DaRipper's Avatar
DaRipper DaRipper is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Somewhere in the dark clouds
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DaRipper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselbrad
Don't Assume we are pirates because we have the right to make a backup up of something we spend 50 dollars on! I can copy my music to my Ipod from my CD-ROM Disc, Why should I not be able to backup my Game-Disc incase of incident!
Good point! I'd rather keep the originals in their cases and use copies. When the copy dies, I break the disc into pieces and make another one... At least the originals will still be here, and the cost would be very much lower!!

Quote:
This Copy Protection thing in general is absurd:

Developers Spend Money on Protections that will be cracked or are intrusive on the consumer then pass the savings on to you in the form of a 50-60 dollar price tag.

PIRATES DO NOT PAY FOR SOFTWARE! STARFORCE & THE REST ARE ALIENATING THE PEOPLE TO WHO DO BUY THE SOFTWARE.

IS THIS THE WAY TO DO GOOD BUSINESS?
Annoying Copy Protection + High Price Tag = less consumers.

They should review their equations!! Maybe the developers are trying to frighten pirates, but they are frightening potential buyers for sure! How many gamers who were faithful to some publisher are now willing to actually STOP buying games from them if they continue using StarForce as copy protection? And when faithful followers stop supporting their favorite publishers, how will they sell to new customers? A great deal of new gamers get info from elders, so if elders tell you a game's not worth the pain, you are less inclined to buy it!


PS:I managed to finish POP3 in 2 days and to clear the side effects of SF, I had to reformat my baby. Lucky I had 2 HDD, so I didn't lose data. So much time lost because of one game, I'm definitely staying away from SF from now on.
__________________
[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][I]Save water, drink beer![/I][/B][/COLOR] :p
Lodge your files on the web, accessible anywhere: [url]http://www.filelodge.com/refer.php?referrer=DaRipper[/url]
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 17-02-2006, 18:01
Pandaman Pandaman is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mars
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pandaman is on a distinguished road
To those who accuse people against StarForce as being whining pirates:

1) StarForce can be easily circumvented - just look it up on Google, it's like three easy steps.

2) StarForce has been known to damage CD/DVD drives on certain versions of WinXP and/or firmwares.

3) StarForce leaves a gaping security hole in your system by granting system level privileges to everything running on your computer.

4) Games with StarForce do not tell you that it is being installed, nor does it remove it the game is uninstalled.

So companies that use StarForce are endangering your CD/DVD drive and security for a worthless anti-piracy program that can only be removed by a tool offered by its creators - meaning if you didn't know you had StarForce installed, you wouldn't know to remove it.

If you still think StarForce is a good idea, you're either a troll or a blithering idiot.

Last edited by Pandaman; 17-02-2006 at 18:04.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 18-02-2006, 02:47
Oblivion's Avatar
Oblivion Oblivion is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 88
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oblivion is on a distinguished road
Talking Hehehe

STupid StarForce! Wait till the makes get a taste of this eh!
__________________
Waiting in the the shadows for [SIZE="5"]Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

"You tried and failed. The lesson is: [B]NEVER TRY!":D [/B]Wise words from Homer Simpson.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 18-02-2006, 03:03
Drifternz's Avatar
Drifternz Drifternz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Woodville, New Zealand
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Drifternz is on a distinguished road
Red face Me too!

I to am joining the boycot of Starforce protected games.
After installing Worms Mayhem, I had endless trouble with writing cds. It wasn't even as if I was trying to write cd images or copy cds. I was having trouble writing data cds!
After removing the starforce drivers, my writer once again could write cds with no trouble, so there is no doubt that the starforce drivers were the problem.
Also I had trouble installing some other heavly protected games like Sacred.
(which by the way is a bought original).
Again once the starforce drivers was removed, I could install the other games with no trouble.
When I fork out NZ$100 for a game, I expect it not to wreck havioc on my system or interfere with or damage my hardware.
Is my expectations to high?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 18-02-2006, 14:22
Oblivion's Avatar
Oblivion Oblivion is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 88
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oblivion is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifternz
When I fork out NZ$100 for a game, I expect it not to wreck havioc on my system or interfere with or damage my hardware.
Is my expectations to high?
NO!!!!! Youre expectations arre by no means too high. People buy games to play them, not have the protection of the $90AU game infecting and even stuffing up their system! LAWSUIT!LAWSUIT!LAWSUIT!LAWSUIT!LAWSUIT!
WHen it comes to cracking SF, Star Force Clean Removes the drivers, but the moment you start up the game again, it reinstalls them again! Imbloodypossible! Hehehe.
__________________
Waiting in the the shadows for [SIZE="5"]Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

"You tried and failed. The lesson is: [B]NEVER TRY!":D [/B]Wise words from Homer Simpson.

Last edited by Oblivion; 18-02-2006 at 14:27.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-03-2006, 11:47
Linux-Gamer Linux-Gamer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Therra
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Linux-Gamer is on a distinguished road
SF games dont works on my Cedega , too

The fu**** PC reboot Grrrrrr

Starforce to Hell


MfG
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-03-2006, 05:38
Iku Iku is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: -
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Iku is on a distinguished road
-

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-03-2006, 14:32
coffin filler's Avatar
coffin filler coffin filler is offline
Die Hard Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: england/rome/spain depending what im playing
Posts: 427
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
coffin filler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iku
?? ??
__________________
[B]M/B=K8N NEO4 Platinum.Bios v1.B0.[/B]
[B]CPU=AMD ATHLON 64. 3000+GHz..Overclocked[/B]
[B]GPU=X16 PCI Express 7950GT 512MB..(Driver v94.24)[/B]
[B]RAM=1024 MB PQI DDR 400 Turbo Dual channel Ultra low latency Memory [/B]
[B]LITE-ON DVD+ - R/+ - RW DRIVE X16[/B]
[B]Sound = Creative SB Live[/B]
[B]O/S Windows XP Home (Fully updated)[/B]
[B]DirectX=9.0c (0904)[/B]
[B]Yes God made game's,Booze,Drug's+Women. (Which proves he's a man :-)[/B]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
possible starforce clone? skitzdout General Gaming 17 28-06-2006 17:05
StarForce > Starforce Nightmare Optimummind PC Games 42 27-03-2006 05:04
Starforce question. t.foster73 CD/DVD Copy Protections & Utilities 2 21-03-2005 08:13
Dreamcast ATOMISWAVE Petition - New games for our 2nd NeoGeo: The Dreamcast Christuserloeser DC Games 4 21-06-2004 17:08
StarForce 3.xx Investiagtion samson_cheung PC Games 3 10-08-2003 14:41



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 23:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com