|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Ok if anyone is interested heres the way I got by the protection:
a) You need a good image. I tried out one for a month and didn't work, then I got a different one and it worked. Find one which has been tested on other pcs and works. b) Dont mount the image from the dvd, mount it from the hard disc instead. c) Dont have any other vitrual drive on the pc except Daemons Now: 1) mount game & install (tried with Daemon4 all options off) 2) run SFAFSB.exe(sfcure) 3) press install sfcure drivers 4) press Start sfcure 5) start SfNightmare 6) disable node 7) disable cd Here is what was different on my pc. Everyone got it right with node and cd, but mine needed: Disable ATA too, otherwise I got "insert POP 3 into another drive" error 8) disable ATA(varies from pc to pc) 9) start the game I wrote this guide cause I've gotten frustrated trying to get this damn game to work and want to help out anyone who hasn't got it to work yet. Tested and works with Prince of Persia 3. Will soon test with Splinter Cell too. I got the images from friends who rented the games and made the images, so I can't exactly tell you which version on the net works! Good luck! Oh and after the game finishes, enable ATA, enable node, enable CD. works for me in this order |
| Sponsored Links |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
No help
Thanks 4r ur help...But no result.I have Brian Lara Cricket 2005.It has the Starforce v3......I tried every thing but no help.It keeps checking 4r the disc....I hav a SATA HDD.But no help.This game is making go wild......Its been pissing me off for the past 24hrs....So i hav finally turned 2 this so tat some1 can giv me some help.....Plz some1 help me out.....
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
hi!
i tried i think all programs and all ways to trick starforce but it doesnt help when he is trying to check the cd/dvd he just restarts my comp after a few secs. does anybody know what i can do? |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Problem with 2thrones...maybe RAID??
Hi,
Been trying to get POPT2T working and have mounted image in daemon tools, then disabled parallel ATA controllers, and when it loads (says it is checking disk) it restarts my PC?!?!?! I have RAID working could this be a problem?? Then we tried on another PC and we had to disable primary and secondary controllers and still no luck thought th PC does not restart like mine? Any IDEAS and I need help!!!
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Very strange.For me personally and a friend of mine it is working for POP T2T and X3 Reunion when IDE controller is disabled.When i tried to use alcohol 120% virtual device the starforce freezes when checking disk.With daemon tools 4 and all emulation options on it is working.About restarting when checking disk this is not a single case as i know.It sometimes happens even if optical drives are unplugged.I hoped that the SATA trick will work for more people but it looks like i am wrong.Maybe it works only with nforce 4 chipsets.I don't know what to think.
Edit: For me it is working with or without RAID array in the system.I have tested it. |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
I made a little research and a few experiments for the problem with PC freezing or rebooting during disk verification of starforce.Often this is caused by emulations and virtual device of alcohol 120%.To fix this it is needed first to uncheck all things in Emulation and Extra emulation in File->options menu of alcohol 120% and second disable the alcohol 120% virtual device by setting Number of virtual devices ( File -> options->Virtual device ) to 0.There is no need to uninstall alcohol 120% completely.
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
jesus...
in middle of "Checking Disk" hes stop... WHAT I HAVE TO DO!? plz help me |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
hi ive maked the image of POP T2T in ALCOHOL with a DPM high uninstalled the alcohol completely emulated the mds in d-tools 4.0.3 set all options on uninstaled all drivers of starforce in device manager and the game keep freezing in CHECK DISK maybe i have to uninstall the IDE CONTROLER too? thx for all |
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
It looks like this trick with disabling of ide controller works only if you have nforce3 or nforce4 chipset motherboard.If not the only way that works 100% is to physically unplug your optical drives.
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| NEW Starforce Killer,Run all Starforce Protected games as mounted | SoulFire | PC Games | 54 | 24-02-2012 03:59 |
| StarForce > Starforce Nightmare | Optimummind | PC Games | 42 | 27-03-2006 05:04 |
| my starforce games dont work anymore | lozza25 | PC Games | 5 | 08-11-2005 05:27 |
| Starforce question. | t.foster73 | CD/DVD Copy Protections & Utilities | 2 | 21-03-2005 08:13 |
| StarForce 3.xx Investiagtion | samson_cheung | PC Games | 3 | 10-08-2003 14:41 |