Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 07-12-2005, 12:19
OKFreddy OKFreddy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OKFreddy
Gothic 2 Gold: Same annoyances; Different problem

I installed Gothic 2 Gold (G2G) and had it work just fine as long as you keep Disc 4 in the drive. I tried making a copy of the CD and using Alcohol as a virtual drive but G2G spit out the image and asked for the CD/DVD.

More annoying is when I use the real CD the "copy protection" takes about 2-3 minutes to run through this "Virtual File System" crap before launching into the game.

I did not try using a virtual drive and hiding the drives. Also, I tried the "Night of the Raven" No-CDs from Megagames but get an error message in German.

PLEASE someone come up with a No-CD solution that doesn't require virtual images - PLEASE!!!!!
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gothic Problem OuTs1d3r PC Games 3 22-10-2006 10:19
Flashpoint Gold and No-Cd FDesign PC Games 0 09-04-2002 05:52
Neuer Gothic Patch für Radeon Grafikkarten? UPR2000 PC Games 0 07-04-2002 11:36
What Copy Protection does Gothic German use? Arminator PC Games 7 21-03-2001 10:21
Anno 1602 Gold Edition No-CD patch wanted roandr PC Games 0 30-12-2000 09:18



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 18:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com