Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games > PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions > Conversion Tutorials
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 01-02-2026, 02:25
Snake288 Snake288 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Paris
Posts: 209
Thanks: 92
Thanked 36 Times in 29 Posts
Snake288 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Hello, could you help me with adding the DiskSpan GUI (nz.exe) compression tool?

Hello, could you help me with adding the DiskSpan GUI (nz.exe) compression tool?

Hi everyone,

I’ve been trying to integrate nz.exe with DiskSpan / DSG tools as an external compressor, but I keep running into problems and I haven’t been able to get it working reliably.

I attempted various configurations and tried to follow advice from ChatGPT, but unfortunately I am still facing issues. I have tried different method settings, external compressor definitions, and adjustments in both DSG_Arc.ini and DSG_Methods.ini, but I keep running into compatibility or configuration problems — such as “method not supported”, recursive NZ entries, or the GUI crashing.

ChatGPT suggested alternative compressor method approaches that might work with nz.exe, but I’m not sure which one is correct, safe, or recommended in practice. I believe I have explained the situation clearly, but I haven’t been able to resolve the issue myself.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone experienced with DiskSpan / External compressors could review this and suggest stable and working method configurations for using nz.exe. If there are any known working examples of nz.exe integration (especially with DiskSpan 2.0.2.4), that would be extremely helpful.

Thank you in advance for any guidance.


1️⃣ DSG_Arc.ini (ENGINE – THE ACTUAL WORKING PART)

👉 External Compressor Only

[External compressor:nz_ext]
header = 0
solid = 0

packcmd = "FINAL\NZ\nz.exe" a -cO -t0 -m512m -nm $$arcpackedfile$$.nz $$arcdatafile$$
unpackcmd = "FINAL\NZ\nz.exe" x $$arcpackedfile$$.nz

datafile = $$arcdatafile$$
packedfile = $$arcpackedfile$$.nz


✔ No crashes
✔ No recursive effects
✔ DiskSpan compatible

2️⃣ DSG_Methods.ini (GUI – SADECE ETİKET)

👉 NZ Method NOT AVAILABLE
👉 We are adding a preset under ARC

[Method:ARC_NZ]
Name=ARC + NZ (Balanced)
Type=ARC
ExternalCompressor=nz_ext


We can create 3 presets if you want 👇

⚡ FAST
[Method:ARC_NZ_FAST]
Name=ARC + NZ (Fast)
Type=ARC
ExternalCompressor=nz_ext
Options=-cf -t0 -m256m

⚖ BALANCED
[Method:ARC_NZ_BAL]
Name=ARC + NZ (Balanced)
Type=ARC
ExternalCompressor=nz_ext
Options=-cO -t0 -m512m

🧱 MAX
[Method:ARC_NZ_MAX]
Name=ARC + NZ (Max)
Type=ARC
ExternalCompressor=nz_ext
Options=-c> -t8 -m2g


📌 Options→ DiskSpan passes the method name to nz.exe as an additional parameter via ARC. 📌 Since the method name is ARC
, which DiskSpan recognizes, it will not give an error.

3️⃣ HOW DOES DiskSpan APPEAR IN THE GUI?
Compressors
└─ Type ARC
├─ ARC + NZ (Fast)
├─ ARC + NZ (Balanced)
└─ ARC + NZ (Max)


✔ No “method not supported”
✔ No NZ → NZ → NZ loop
✔ No access violation
Attached Files
File Type: zip rz.exe.zip (78.7 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Snake288; 01-02-2026 at 02:41.
Reply With Quote
 

Tags
cls-diskspan, compressor, diskspan, diskspan_gui


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to use diskspan bat mausschieber Conversion Tutorials 13 14-01-2026 19:20
DiskSpan on Linux hydefromt70s Conversion Tutorials 1 15-10-2020 07:12
DiskSpan FreeArc returns an error Titeuf Conversion Tutorials 2 18-07-2020 01:46
CIU 3.0.0.0.u3 (2019-03-28) - Diskspan Issues mesut28 Conversion Tutorials 17 30-03-2019 02:28
R.G. Gamers DiskSpan Simorq Conversion Tutorials 1 28-10-2017 08:22



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com