Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games > PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions > Conversion Tutorials

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 06-02-2021, 23:39
Cesar82's Avatar
Cesar82 Cesar82 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 813
Thanks: 1,348
Thanked 1,749 Times in 591 Posts
Cesar82 is on a distinguished road
Updated Light Installer Script to v1.0.0.8
See the changelog for more details.

@mods, if possible, change the Light Installer Script thread title (Title that appears in "Conversion Tutorials") to the same title at the top of the thread.
Thanks!

Last edited by Cesar82; 07-02-2021 at 07:40.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cesar82 For This Useful Post:
hydefromt70s (07-02-2021), mausschieber (07-02-2021)
Sponsored Links
  #77  
Old 07-02-2021, 03:45
Grumpy's Avatar
Grumpy Grumpy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,655
Thanks: 1,169
Thanked 1,768 Times in 766 Posts
Grumpy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar82 View Post
@mods, if possible, change the Light Installer Script thread title (Title that appears in "Conversion Tutorials") to the same title at the top of the thread.
Thanks!
Just to be sure, you would like the Title to be:

Light Installer Script (LIS) | DiskSpan_GUI
__________________
Can't find a Game Conversion? Check the 'Conversion INDEX'
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 07-02-2021, 07:37
Cesar82's Avatar
Cesar82 Cesar82 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 813
Thanks: 1,348
Thanked 1,749 Times in 591 Posts
Cesar82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Just to be sure, you would like the Title to be:

Light Installer Script (LIS) | DiskSpan_GUI
Yes. Also change the character "|" for "-".
Light Installer Script (LIS) - DiskSpan_GUI
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 08-02-2021, 06:10
Grumpy's Avatar
Grumpy Grumpy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,655
Thanks: 1,169
Thanked 1,768 Times in 766 Posts
Grumpy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar82 View Post
if possible ...
As all you regulars have shown many times with what you all do ... anything is possible.

Title Changed.
__________________
Can't find a Game Conversion? Check the 'Conversion INDEX'
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grumpy For This Useful Post:
Cesar82 (08-02-2021), Ele (08-02-2021)
  #80  
Old 11-02-2021, 07:18
Stor31 Stor31 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wahranne
Posts: 323
Thanks: 1,022
Thanked 85 Times in 67 Posts
Stor31 is on a distinguished road
how to modify LightInstallerLogoOrange.bmp (Light Installer) to another name ???
thx
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 11-02-2021, 17:12
Cesar82's Avatar
Cesar82 Cesar82 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 813
Thanks: 1,348
Thanked 1,749 Times in 591 Posts
Cesar82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stor31 View Post
how to modify LightInstallerLogoOrange.bmp (Light Installer) to another name ???
thx
Open the script and change the name as needed.
The parts of the code referring to the logo image file are below (Search the script).
Code:
#define Theme "ORANGE" 
Code:
#if Theme != "NULL"
Source: "Resources\LightInstallerLogo{#Theme}.bmp"; DestName: "LightInstallerLogo.bmp"; DestDir: "{tmp}"; Flags: dontcopy
#endif
Code:
  #if Theme != "NULL"
  with TBitmapImage.Create(WizardForm) do
  begin
    Parent := WizardForm;
    SetBounds(ScaleX(14), WizardForm.NextButton.Top + ScaleY(1), ScaleX(225), ScaleY(20));
    Bitmap.AlphaFormat := afDefined;
    Bitmap.LoadFromFile(ExpandConstant('{tmp}\LightInstallerLogo.bmp'));
    #if VER >= 0x06000000
    Anchors := [akLeft, akBottom];
    #endif
    if '{#AppURL}' <> '' then begin
      OnClick := @LogoOnClick;
      Cursor := crHand;
    end;
  end;
  #endif
Code:
  #if Theme != "NULL"
  ExtractTemporaryFile('LightInstallerLogo.bmp');
  #endif
P.S: If you just want to change the name of the image file that is in the resources folder, you only need to change it after the word resources in code 2. This way the image inside setup.exe will remain as LightInstaller.bmp, but your external file will have the name you put, but it must be a bitmap image (.bmp).
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cesar82 For This Useful Post:
Stor31 (13-02-2021)
  #82  
Old 12-02-2021, 05:21
bolek932 bolek932 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: POLAND
Posts: 15
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bolek932 is on a distinguished road
what is records.ini for?

I have a problem with him...
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 12-02-2021, 08:28
Cesar82's Avatar
Cesar82 Cesar82 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 813
Thanks: 1,348
Thanked 1,749 Times in 591 Posts
Cesar82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolek932 View Post
what is records.ini for?

I have a problem with him...
What problems?
Records.ini is necessary because it contains all information from the files compressed by DiskSpan_GUI about the compressed files
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 12-02-2021, 11:20
bolek932 bolek932 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: POLAND
Posts: 15
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bolek932 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar82 View Post
What problems?
Records.ini is necessary because it contains all information from the files compressed by DiskSpan_GUI about the compressed files
When he wants to install a compressed game, the setup.exe installer "install" in a second. Skips archives and creates only "unistall.exe" in the installation folder and a shortcut on the desktop . If I move or delete the records.ini file, the installer works normally and installs the game. I didn't have it before, only on the last two games.
What am I doing wrong?
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 12-02-2021, 17:53
Cesar82's Avatar
Cesar82 Cesar82 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 813
Thanks: 1,348
Thanked 1,749 Times in 591 Posts
Cesar82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolek932 View Post
When he wants to install a compressed game, the setup.exe installer "install" in a second. Skips archives and creates only "unistall.exe" in the installation folder and a shortcut on the desktop . If I move or delete the records.ini file, the installer works normally and installs the game. I didn't have it before, only on the last two games.
What am I doing wrong?
Information about compressed data files is in the records.ini file.
This can only happen if you merged the Records.ini file at the end of the diskspan_gui compression page and are now placing another Records.ini with incorrect information from the compressed data files.
It is not possible to extract any compressed files without existing records.ii next to setup.exe or inside setup.dll.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 13-02-2021, 04:39
Stor31 Stor31 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wahranne
Posts: 323
Thanks: 1,022
Thanked 85 Times in 67 Posts
Stor31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar82 View Post
Open the script and change the name as needed.
The parts of the code referring to the logo image file are below (Search the script).
Code:
#define Theme "ORANGE" 
Code:
#if Theme != "NULL"
Source: "Resources\LightInstallerLogo{#Theme}.bmp"; DestName: "LightInstallerLogo.bmp"; DestDir: "{tmp}"; Flags: dontcopy
#endif
Code:
  #if Theme != "NULL"
  with TBitmapImage.Create(WizardForm) do
  begin
    Parent := WizardForm;
    SetBounds(ScaleX(14), WizardForm.NextButton.Top + ScaleY(1), ScaleX(225), ScaleY(20));
    Bitmap.AlphaFormat := afDefined;
    Bitmap.LoadFromFile(ExpandConstant('{tmp}\LightInstallerLogo.bmp'));
    #if VER >= 0x06000000
    Anchors := [akLeft, akBottom];
    #endif
    if '{#AppURL}' <> '' then begin
      OnClick := @LogoOnClick;
      Cursor := crHand;
    end;
  end;
  #endif
Code:
  #if Theme != "NULL"
  ExtractTemporaryFile('LightInstallerLogo.bmp');
  #endif
P.S: If you just want to change the name of the image file that is in the resources folder, you only need to change it after the word resources in code 2. This way the image inside setup.exe will remain as LightInstaller.bmp, but your external file will have the name you put, but it must be a bitmap image (.bmp).
I changed everything
but the result

Last edited by Stor31; 13-02-2021 at 04:42.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 13-02-2021, 05:46
mausschieber's Avatar
mausschieber mausschieber is offline
Conversion Designer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: germany
Posts: 2,545
Thanks: 4,513
Thanked 7,842 Times in 1,941 Posts
mausschieber is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stor31 View Post
I changed everything
but the result
you have to disable this #define Theme "ORANGE" to this ;#define Theme "ORANGE" then the logo will be disabled
__________________
It would be nice if you appreciate my work with the thanks Button
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mausschieber For This Useful Post:
Stor31 (13-02-2021)
  #88  
Old 13-02-2021, 07:41
Stor31 Stor31 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wahranne
Posts: 323
Thanks: 1,022
Thanked 85 Times in 67 Posts
Stor31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mausschieber View Post
you have to disable this #define Theme "ORANGE" to this ;#define Theme "ORANGE" then the logo will be disabled
thank you messschieber ;; but I want to change (LightInstaller) not deactivate !!!!!!

Last edited by Stor31; 13-02-2021 at 07:44.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 13-02-2021, 12:27
Cesar82's Avatar
Cesar82 Cesar82 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 813
Thanks: 1,348
Thanked 1,749 Times in 591 Posts
Cesar82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stor31 View Post
thank you messschieber ;; but I want to change (LightInstaller) not deactivate !!!!!!
I don't understand what you want to do.
The Light Installer logo is an option for you to place any logo image you want, just by editing one of the PSD (Photoshop project) files or creating your own logo as you wish (But the dimensions 225x20 pixels must be kept).
Just create your bitmap image (.bmp) with alpha layer to determine the semi-transparent areas and save it as "LightInstallerLogo.bmp" in the "Resources" folder.
Then open the script and set theme to "" and compile the script.
Code:
#define Theme ""
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cesar82 For This Useful Post:
Stor31 (14-02-2021)
  #90  
Old 13-02-2021, 13:46
bolek932 bolek932 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: POLAND
Posts: 15
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bolek932 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar82 View Post
Information about compressed data files is in the records.ini file.
This can only happen if you merged the Records.ini file at the end of the diskspan_gui compression page and are now placing another Records.ini with incorrect information from the compressed data files.
It is not possible to extract any compressed files without existing records.ii next to setup.exe or inside setup.dll.
No no no. I don't put records.ini at the end of disckspsn_gui because I'm using the old version without this option. records.ini is created automatically by diskspan_gui together From the archive. I packed the games before and didn't even touch the file. Now to install the game I have to remove it ... I don't understand anything ...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
asis, ciu, inno, installer, ultraarc

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ultimate Conversion Compressor (UCC) vollachr Conversion Tutorials 55 26-04-2021 09:27
INDEX - Conversion Tutorial Index Razor12911 Conversion Tutorials 5 11-06-2020 02:05
[Help] need Advanced Installer script with Razor1911's UltraArc module rez3vil Conversion Tutorials 1 29-09-2016 04:10
How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb? rms2001 XBox Games 6 12-01-2004 05:31



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 13:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2000-2020, FileForums @ https://fileforums.com