Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > Sony PlayStation > PSX Games

Old 16-08-2001, 23:22

Bill-Something
A few questions, PLLeaase Read

ok ive got a few questions but im just gonna put all of them in this post

1. which is better (easier,faster,less hassle, etc.. to use...) a plug in modchip or the psxchange boot cd?

2. what is a good reliable site to order one of those from that you can send in a money order?

ok thats it for now, i still got some questions bout my burner but ill save them for another post...
Sponsored Links
Old 16-08-2001, 23:54

weirdwebby
Quote:
Bill-Something (17-08-2001 07:22):
ok ive got a few questions but im just gonna put all of them in this post

1. which is better (easier,faster,less hassle, etc.. to use...) a plug in modchip or the psxchange boot cd?

2. what is a good reliable site to order one of those from that you can send in a money order?

ok thats it for now, i still got some questions bout my burner but ill save them for another post...
1. Plugin. Much faster, less hassle (no disc switching necessary, plus added features of cheats)

2. Money Order? I don't know, but if you go to www.ebgames.com, they have several "plug-in mods" to help you out. Look under PSX Accessories.
Old 17-08-2001, 04:13
Deano

Mod chip is less hassle and quickier to use as you don't have to put it in every time you want to play a back-up.

these sites are very reliable and you should be able to send them money orders.

http://www.kanection.co.uk
http://playstationmods.com
Old 17-08-2001, 09:12
Die Hard Member

Kendomon
well it depends on your preference, a boot cd is faster in the fact you don't have to take your Playstation anywhere to wait for it to be opened and modified. A two second swap is just as long as the opening Playstation logo. If your going with a plug in mod-chip or a game enhancer allot of times the full motion video won't play properly, it will be choppy but the game will play fine.

A mod chip is fast once it's in but again, sooner or later it will be detected and then you either upgrade or hunt for and enable code.

www.easybuy2000.com carried game enhancers, that's where I picked up my Nexxus memory card for DC and had no problems, but like with anything one person's experience won't be the others.
Old 18-08-2001, 03:47
Deano

I totally agree with you there about having to wait for the console to be chipped but if you have some soldering experience then you should be able to do it yourself in about 20 minutes, if you follow the chipping instructions on the sites. It isn't that hard i have only limited soldering experience and i have done about 5 now for me and my mates.

Most chips now for the ps-1 are either stealth or normal depending on how you wire the chip to your console (for stealth it is only 3 more wires). The stealth option with stop the console detecting the mod chip.
Old 18-08-2001, 04:42

yeaf
can a stealth mod chip defeat both protections or just the anti-mod?
Old 18-08-2001, 08:18
Die Hard Member

Dal
Send a message via MSN to Dal Send a message via Yahoo to Dal
Hi,

I would have to say for ease, get a Ps Exchange Boot CD, 2 of my mates have them and they work supurb, i have a mod-chip in my PS1 but that was only because there was no boot cds around when i did mine 2-3 years ago.

A great place to order on-line is www.kanection.co.uk my mates got there boot cds from there and i got my PS2 from there, great service.

Cheers

Dal