Go Back   FileForums > Games > Game Coders

Old 21-10-2020, 05:44

Giriplayslegend899 is on a distinguished road
Question Can Anyone Help ? ( cause i am a newbie) :(

Hello, uh um i am a newbie here and uh can someone help me? i need to repack games like blackbox or rg mechanics . soo sorry if i am posting wrong things. i heard about this community and since i was a gamer i wanted to repack.

any help would would be appreciated (sorry for bad english)

sincerely,giriplays
Sponsored Links
Old 21-10-2020, 12:40

hch1337 is on a distinguished road
Basically, first precompress the data, then deduplicate and compress using whatever works best for you. Here's a short, simplified explanation of steps:

1. Precompress
Precompression can be considered as a stage before compressing. Precompression takes care of deflating compressed streams of unknown file formats. Examples of great precompressors are XTool and Precomp. Precomp is a widely used precompressor that comes with PackJPG and PackMP3 which both are great advantages to have. XTool (Now ZTool) is a very interesting precompressor by Razor19211. It uses multiple forms of decompression and is often more successful as Precomp, however, in rare cases Precomp wins over XTool, both have a interesting approach of precompressing data.

A precompressor basically always should expand the data, making it better for compression by a stronger algorithm. However, since Precomp can also effectively compress JPG/MP3 it can also reduce instead of expand, or do both. XTool should always expand the input data.

On this forum you can find the XTool/ZTool topic, download it, and play with it, run some tests.

2. Deduplicate data
Then use SREP, basically, it 'removes' duplicate data, to explain it very simple, reducing the dataset that you're going to compress (and later, decompress). This saves a lot of time since SREP is a relative short process. Lrzip and XDelta are alternatives for SREP. Though usually SREP works best.

3. Compress
Now you're ready to pick a compressor, LOLZ/ZCM/LZMA/NANOZIP or whatever is used nowadays.

4. Make an installer
Also on this forum you can find information and resources on howto make your own (Inno/Freearc) Setup using modules/plugins for the various methods of repacking.

Good luck

Last edited by hch1337; 21-10-2020 at 13:07. Reason: Expanded the explanation
The Following User Says Thank You to hch1337 For This Useful Post:
Giriplayslegend899 (22-10-2020)
Old 22-10-2020, 00:18

Question thanks but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hch1337 View Post
Basically, first precompress the data, then deduplicate and compress using whatever works best for you. Here's a short, simplified explanation of steps:

1. Precompress
Precompression can be considered as a stage before compressing. Precompression takes care of deflating compressed streams of unknown file formats. Examples of great precompressors are XTool and Precomp. Precomp is a widely used precompressor that comes with PackJPG and PackMP3 which both are great advantages to have. XTool (Now ZTool) is a very interesting precompressor by Razor19211. It uses multiple forms of decompression and is often more successful as Precomp, however, in rare cases Precomp wins over XTool, both have a interesting approach of precompressing data.

A precompressor basically always should expand the data, making it better for compression by a stronger algorithm. However, since Precomp can also effectively compress JPG/MP3 it can also reduce instead of expand, or do both. XTool should always expand the input data.

On this forum you can find the XTool/ZTool topic, download it, and play with it, run some tests.

2. Deduplicate data
Then use SREP, basically, it 'removes' duplicate data, to explain it very simple, reducing the dataset that you're going to compress (and later, decompress). This saves a lot of time since SREP is a relative short process. Lrzip and XDelta are alternatives for SREP. Though usually SREP works best.

3. Compress
Now you're ready to pick a compressor, LOLZ/ZCM/LZMA/NANOZIP or whatever is used nowadays.

4. Make an installer
Also on this forum you can find information and resources on howto make your own (Inno/Freearc) Setup using modules/plugins for the various methods of repacking.

Good luck
ok but i tried using one from razor and everything was understood but it showed me errors in every script i search in google but nope
Old 22-10-2020, 05:49

hch1337 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giriplayslegend899 View Post
ok but i tried using one from razor and everything was understood but it showed me errors in every script i search in google but nope
I want to help but fail to understand this message. If you don't include examples of "errors in every script" I need to guess what those are.

Take some more time to read my explanation and try to understand that I can't know your problems, in order to effectively communicate your problems and get the help you desire, I need to know exactly what the problem is before I can help you out.

Do you understand my explanation ? Do you have the required tools to perform these steps ?
Giriplayslegend899 (22-10-2020)
Old 22-10-2020, 21:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by hch1337 View Post
I want to help but fail to understand this message. If you don't include examples of "errors in every script" I need to guess what those are.

Take some more time to read my explanation and try to understand that I can't know your problems, in order to effectively communicate your problems and get the help you desire, I need to know exactly what the problem is before I can help you out.

Do you understand my explanation ? Do you have the required tools to perform these steps ?
alright, i will explain . i just downloaded a script from y_thelastknight. it is portable installer script and i did all he said but when i tried to compile it in the end , it says an error. i also tried another rg mechanics repack script and another error