Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > SEGA > DC Games

Old 11-07-2001, 01:58

whatevaz_cleva
winRAR diagnostic error 1: unexpected archive end?

i downloaded stunt gp recently and the file names were sln.dc.stunt.gp.tisk.ace, sln.dc.stunt.gp.tisk.c00, sln.dc.stunt.gp.tisk.c01, and so on up to c07 or c06, but when i associate the .ace file with winrar it will open up winrar and i get a box that says "winRAR diagnostic error 1: unexpected archive end". yet it will show me 3 files. 1:info.trk 2:inject.exe 3:unpack.exe. so i click extract... then process all volumes from current and again it says "winRAR diagnostic error 1: unexpected archive end, missing a00". the weird thing is there is no a00 file because all the files i downloaded are c00 and c01 and so on. so i changed the file names to a00, a01 and all that and i try to do again. once again it tells me unexpected archive end, but this time it says a00 is a bad archive. weird huh? i thought maybe it had too many extensions like sln.dc.stunt.gp.tisk.ace and maybe all the dots were screwing it up, so i changed all the file names to 1.ace, 1.c00 and no dice(missing 1.a00). then i tried 1.ace, 1.a00 and yet again no unraring(a00 is a bad archive). i changed all the extensions to rar, r00, r01 and STILL nothing. if anyone has encountered anything similar please reply and let me know how you resolved your problem. thanks.
Old 11-07-2001, 06:09
Die Hard Member

Wayne
First of all, try using WinACE instead of WinRAR. Also, those other file segments should be c00, c01, c02, etc. - not a00... Files like a00, if I remember correctly, were segments from either ARC or ARJ. I've already unACE'd StuntGP on my machine (and burned it) and it was all cXX extentions. Of course I used WinACE because WinRAR didn't like it.

If you still have problems after trying WinACE, you may have a damaged or incomplete file (probably the first file of the series).

BTW, I get the "Unexpected archive end" message on another set of files I downloaded (can't recall what right now - I'm on vacation and not near my desktop computer). The problem with my files is that they're damaged (they were larger than 20,000kb each even though they should've been exactly 20,000kb (19.51mb). I ran WinRAR recover and got them back down to the right size but the first one still gives me the error... Oh well.