Go Back   FileForums > CD & DVD > CD/DVD Software & Utilities

Old 16-10-2005, 01:46

LoL dir ein is on a distinguished road
Antiblaxx 1.16

Hi

I bought TOTAL OVERDOSE but I want to play it without a cd!
I downloaded Antiblaxx and the antiblaxxfile I need but how do I use it?
Please help!
Sponsored Links
Old 16-10-2005, 09:20

Muji-FightR is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Muji-FightR Send a message via Yahoo to Muji-FightR
Arrow

The search function would have done this in a few seconds, well i'm having a good day lol
Does this work?
Quote:
1] Need the last version of alcohol 120% (I Use: 1.9.5.2802) Installed
2] Install Game in Full Version
3] Run "Virtual-CD-Hide" tool (right click on the tray icon and click on "hide virtual drives")
4] search for the instaled folder (c:\program files\eidos\Total Overdose) for the 2 executables files and right click and propieties, and put "compatibility with Windows 98 / Windows Me
5] Play !
Old 16-10-2005, 10:29

maciozo is on a distinguished road
you also need to create an image for the game since virtual hide only masks virtual drives...
Old 17-10-2005, 12:14

Neu_TRiNo is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Anti-blaxx ate my HD

Dunno if this post is allowed here but I am really stuck so here goes. I installed anti-blaxx last night to use with Serious Sam 2 and after installing it 5 to 7 DOS windows came up on my desktop and then exited themselves and Anti-Blaxx said something about a restore point or something. Anyway, my problem is now that before I installed it to my C: drive I had 65 gigs free but now I only have 1.06 gigs free. I freaked out and uninstalled Anti-Blaxx last night (I hope that was the right thing to do) but I would really like that space back since having misplaced 64 gigs of free space really sucks. Does this program make a hidden partition as Windows Computer Management does not see a new one created on the C: drive. Does this program make a restore point, any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm done with this program and to top it off, it didn't even work so I still have to use this disc in the drive to play from.

Neu_TRiNo
Old 22-10-2005, 07:29

synchro_w
anti blaxx screwed my dvd drive and boot time

since i installed anti blaxx 1.17 my reboot time has increased massively [from 23 seconds to well over 2 minutes] and what's worse i can't see my dvd drive anymore. it is gone. it won't even open. i can open the tray at the BIOS startup screen when i switch on but, obv, as soon as windows begins its loadup the dvdd drive disappears copmkpletely. blindwrite, alc120, nero... none of them can see it.
now i have the problem that i feel the need to reformat my hddd to get rid of the problem but i can't backup all my images never mind the rest of stuff i need backing up!!!!!!!

this is a huge problem.. avoid anti blaxx everybody.. it is baaad.. m'kay?

thanks
das
Old 25-10-2005, 18:14

Mugros is on a distinguished road
I installed Anti-Blaxx 1.17 but i don't see the improvement. Intelligent Stealth is gone, but i don't know if i had ever needed it.
1.17 doesn't screw up my system but the point is that it doesn't help running games. Total Overdose won't run with 1.17, but a patched 1.16 is working.
Old 26-10-2005, 12:18

synchro_w
Cool other issues

when i finally got my data backed up i did a few tests to find out exactly what could cause isssues with disappearing dvd drives etc.

before i installed anti-blaxx i had nero and blindwrite installed. they had been working quite well with no problems.
so, after formatting, i installed nero then blindwrite, then alcohol120%. after the reboot the dvd was there as normal. but after a 2nd reboot the drive disapeared.
wiped drive, started again.
this time, before i installed nero or BW i installed the mobo drivers for my AN7. one of the drivers was nforce SW2 [which claims to clear the data bottleneck on the hdd opr summat like that] to replace the windows drivers. i rebooted and my dvdd rive was gone. i uninstaled the SW2 drivers and, hey, the drive wa back. hmmmm... interesting.

what i know is that having several copying/burning tools installed together is not good. but on my system blindwrite and nero work fine... umm... w/o virtual drives running. alc120's virtual drive seemed to replace my physical dvd drive!!!!

this proly won't help anybody much but...
Old 27-10-2005, 04:53

WFW-PREDATOR is on a distinguished road
antiblaxxx is a fukin evil program, if messes up your computer