Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > Sony PlayStation > PS2 Games

Old 03-01-2005, 11:34

beermonster is on a distinguished road
PS2 Media issues

hi im relatively new to the scene, so bear with me, i have a v5/6 pal ps2 with what i believe is a magic 3 modchip, its been playing original DVD games/films no problem, i since got a dvd burner nec 1100a ive gone to backing up dvds, being new to this i bought some mirror DVD+Rs and its fine with DVD films but struggles like hell with PS2 backups, i tried the laser adjustment wheel to some degree of success, but it still takes 5 attempts to even boot the game, a mate of mine copied the disk onto a philips +R for me to see if it was a media problem and it boots 1st time every time and is much quicker/quieter in accessing it, now from all the this concluded that my laser is ok, the chip is ok and its either my burner or my media, i obviously need to give him one of my disks to burn on his burner to eliminate this but wont see him for a few weeks, i dont really want to get a new chip/ps2 but a multi format burner is reasonable now so would i be better switching to -r media? or can someone recommend me some +R media, the philips ones are very expensive btw
thanks and sorry for the long post
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2005, 12:54
Die Hard Member

lufcfan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lufcfan Send a message via MSN to lufcfan
Your media is crap (as are +R btw).

Taiyo Yuden -R are what you want, or even get some cheaper Ritek G04...
[SIZE=3][COLOR=orange][B][COLOR=blue]PS2, [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX[/COLOR] & [COLOR=darkolivegreen]Xbox 360[/COLOR] installs / repairs in [U][COLOR=red]West Yorkshire,[/COLOR][COLOR=red] UK[/COLOR][/U] - [COLOR=#ff0000]Nationwide Service [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]-[/COLOR]Please Contact me by PM for more info[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :)

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=seagreen]360 DVD Drive Fw.[/COLOR] [COLOR=orange]Upgraded/Recovered/Restored -[/COLOR] Bad Flash? No Problem! [COLOR=blue]PM for info[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX 360[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]v1.0[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]- [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=red]Samsung TS-H943A [COLOR=orange]w/ iXtreme 1.4 Fw.[/COLOR] :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Old 03-01-2005, 13:02

beermonster is on a distinguished road
so -R is the way to go? whats all the bad stuff i keep hearing about he magic 3 all about anyway?
Old 03-01-2005, 13:14

Warlock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by beermonster
so -R is the way to go? whats all the bad stuff i keep hearing about he magic 3 all about anyway?
It has booting issues with some games
Old 03-01-2005, 14:18

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TylerDurden
And an occasional chip overheat.

Tyler!
Old 03-01-2005, 16:08
Die Hard Member

Yeah really bad chip.

Oh yeah, and anyone wanting some good cheap media in the UK - TTG02 MMC 8x DVD-R (Ridisc Branded) @ SVP Communications = 5.78
[SIZE=3][COLOR=orange][B][COLOR=blue]PS2, [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX[/COLOR] & [COLOR=darkolivegreen]Xbox 360[/COLOR] installs / repairs in [U][COLOR=red]West Yorkshire,[/COLOR][COLOR=red] UK[/COLOR][/U] - [COLOR=#ff0000]Nationwide Service [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]-[/COLOR]Please Contact me by PM for more info[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :)

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=seagreen]360 DVD Drive Fw.[/COLOR] [COLOR=orange]Upgraded/Recovered/Restored -[/COLOR] Bad Flash? No Problem! [COLOR=blue]PM for info[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX 360[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]v1.0[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]- [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=red]Samsung TS-H943A [COLOR=orange]w/ iXtreme 1.4 Fw.[/COLOR] :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Old 03-01-2005, 16:38

symptom is on a distinguished road
I might as well ask for future reference: does anybody know how Memorex DVD-R media works for PS2 backups? Are Taiyo Yuden and Ritek the only recommended media?
Old 03-01-2005, 17:37

Memfis is on a distinguished road
I found some ritek 4x online for 22 bucks for 50. Dvd-R branded G04. Is that a good price for the riteks? I mean ive paid more at stores just becuase i needed them quick but ive never bought ritek before.
Old 03-01-2005, 17:45

Warlock is on a distinguished road
Nah, thats not to bad especially if they come with free shiping.
Old 03-01-2005, 23:29
Die Hard Member

As for the Memorex -R.......... That's crap too