Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 28-08-2009, 21:22
deoren deoren is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: US
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
deoren is on a distinguished road
Question Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Trilogy

Hi,

I recently bought the PoP:SoT Trilogy and installed the discs. The games work with using the original discs and the various fixed exes from GCW (most anyway).

I've also found that by mounting a regular iso of the discs works too. However that's a little inefficient as that's about 8 GB to accomplish the task.

I realize I could probably use a tool to make a mini-image of the discs and use something like daemon tools, but does anyone know of updated fixed exes specifically for this release? I'd hate to get into the games and have crashes from incompatibilities with the fixed exes for earlier releases.

Has anyone already used the earlier fixed exes with this release of the trilogy?

Thanks for reading this.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 29-08-2009, 05:39
WaltonSimons's Avatar
WaltonSimons WaltonSimons is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 466
Thanks: 203
Thanked 215 Times in 171 Posts
WaltonSimons is on a distinguished road
The trilogy IS NOT updated in any way compared to the original release 'cept the PoP SoT launcher patch available from UBI site. BUT not that it matters since it's not the launcher that contains the protection.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 29-08-2009, 14:47
Mason Mason is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mason is on a distinguished road
Do we have a chance here for an uncensored version of "The Two Thrones" that does not contain Starforce?

The version that I bought from Steam was the censored European version.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 30-08-2009, 08:41
deoren deoren is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: US
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
deoren is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltonSimons View Post
The trilogy IS NOT updated in any way compared to the original release
Ah. Do you know if the same DRM is present? I used PID and it didn't find StarForce in The Two Thrones.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30-08-2009, 13:03
WaltonSimons's Avatar
WaltonSimons WaltonSimons is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 466
Thanks: 203
Thanked 215 Times in 171 Posts
WaltonSimons is on a distinguished road
Probably because UBI has withdrawn from inputting the SF protection in their titles. Then again it is still PoP T2T 1.0, so... try what is available at GCW
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-09-2009, 15:58
silhouette silhouette is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Caribbean
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
silhouette is on a distinguished road
Earlier this year, I bought the Sands of time trilogy, I can tell you that it has been released as a Ubisoft budget label called Exclusives, and they have removed the starforce protection on Two Thrones, so all three games is only protected by a simple disc check.
Now, what really annoys me is that because I live in the EU this pack is censored I bought this as I hoped that I finally would be able to play Two Thrones uncensored without starforce but no!

Last edited by Joe Forster/STA; 03-09-2009 at 16:21.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 24-11-2009, 07:31
selvamcbe's Avatar
selvamcbe selvamcbe is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
selvamcbe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoren View Post
Hi,

I recently bought the PoP:SoT Trilogy and installed the discs. The games work with using the original discs and the various fixed exes from GCW (most anyway).

I've also found that by mounting a regular iso of the discs works too. However that's a little inefficient as that's about 8 GB to accomplish the task.

I realize I could probably use a tool to make a mini-image of the discs and use something like daemon tools, but does anyone know of updated fixed exes specifically for this release? I'd hate to get into the games and have crashes from incompatibilities with the fixed exes for earlier releases.

Has anyone already used the earlier fixed exes with this release of the trilogy?

Thanks for reading this.
There is working patch available for this. But posting link for working patch against Tos of this forum..
__________________
I am in a Game Mood :)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 24-11-2009, 09:22
TippeX's Avatar
TippeX TippeX is offline
zeroes and ones.....
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 3,842
Thanks: 2
Thanked 32 Times in 22 Posts
TippeX is on a distinguished road
really? why?
__________________
bleh
DO NOT PM me with questions, leave that in the forums...ESPECIALLY if i dont know you...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-12-2009, 14:52
sabbey's Avatar
sabbey sabbey is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sabbey
Quote:
Originally Posted by silhouette View Post
Earlier this year, I bought the Sands of time trilogy, I can tell you that it has been released as a Ubisoft budget label called Exclusives, and they have removed the starforce protection on Two Thrones, so all three games is only protected by a simple disc check.
Now, what really annoys me is that because I live in the EU this pack is censored I bought this as I hoped that I finally would be able to play Two Thrones uncensored without starforce but no!
Nice to know, just ordered a copy and will check the US version to see if that is also the case with it. Crossing my fingers, since while I already own the first two games I haven't purchased TTT because of the protection. Dieing to play it finally!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 16-12-2009, 23:44
sabbey's Avatar
sabbey sabbey is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sabbey
I just got the set in the mail and installed all 3 DVDs, no protections came up on the game discs or the folders with ProtectionID. I also ran the Starforce Removal Tool and it said there are no drivers on my PC...

While, I haven't played any of the games yet, I did launch them to the main menu so it looks good.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 18-12-2009, 02:35
silhouette silhouette is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Caribbean
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
silhouette is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbey View Post
I just got the set in the mail and installed all 3 DVDs, no protections came up on the game discs or the folders with ProtectionID. I also ran the Starforce Removal Tool and it said there are no drivers on my PC...

While, I haven't played any of the games yet, I did launch them to the main menu so it looks good.
Can you confirm if Two Thrones is uncensored?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 20-12-2009, 06:24
Tojosu Tojosu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: .
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tojosu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by silhouette View Post
Can you confirm if Two Thrones is uncensored?
what do you say or know that has been censored ? why would europe censor anything in a pop game ? you mean violence/blood ? what ???
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 20-12-2009, 08:11
Cowsheep Cowsheep is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Near OEP;)
Posts: 352
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Cowsheep is on a distinguished road
German versions of action games usually have reduced / removed blood and gore.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 20-12-2009, 10:15
Tojosu Tojosu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: .
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tojosu is on a distinguished road
so even then it may be germany not europe, eh ?
other then germany europe doesn't censor.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 20-12-2009, 14:54
silhouette silhouette is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Caribbean
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
silhouette is on a distinguished road
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojosu View Post
so even then it may be germany not europe, eh ?
other then germany europe doesn't censor.
Believe me I know about two thrones being censored in the Eu because Germany is part of the EU and because I have played the EU version. I have also played the US version and that's the only one that is uncensored (beheadings, blood and cutting limbs off), but I want the US version without Starforce protection and that's only possible if you get hold of the prince of persia trilogy released in 2009 in the US, and that's easy enough if you are US customer. You just buy it for 10$ at amazon.com but us eu citizens can buy it from the US branch of that store so we are basically fucked unless somebody is selling it on ebay.
I apologize for the harsh language but I'm pretty upset about the so called free trading as it seems that it doesn't apply to you and me (the private customer)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
prince of persia, sands of time, trilogy

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyle - Crashing Cpt.Canuck General Gaming 4 23-03-2007 13:01
Problem with Prince of Persia - The Sands Of Time mh00 General Gaming 4 15-03-2007 16:04
Prince Of Persia : Sands of Time Wendals PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions 3 17-08-2006 20:28
Prince of persia Sands of Time problems Arkitek PC Games 3 29-04-2004 10:43
Prince of Persia: The Sands of time Pirox PC Games 2 09-12-2003 14:04



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2000-2020, FileForums @ https://fileforums.com