Go Back   FileForums > Off Topic > Hardware

Old 30-11-2006, 05:44

Neo007 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Need pc help.

I got a wierd problem the problem is that i have a pc that i have put together and when i start it there is nothing happening on the monitor so i dont know if i have a weak PSU or something else. Everything else is running but the monitor. And i have checked that everything is on right place. Ive got a MSI bracket 2 and light nr 1,2,3 are red but the 4 is green. Ive got a P4 3,2Ghz socket 478 865PE Neo2, 512mb ram, Ati X1600pro 512mb,
300w PSU. So if anyone knows anything about this i would be verry thankfull.
(> < )<-- This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Sponsored Links
Old 30-11-2006, 07:02
Banned

DABhand is on a distinguished road
Aye 300W wont cut it. 500W or more would be best.

And make sure if the GPU needs its own power connected.

Last edited by DABhand; 30-11-2006 at 07:04.
Old 30-11-2006, 13:12

Thumbs up Thanks.

Thanks man now i have to buy a new PSU. I thought that it was other things that was missing but i know that its most likley the PSU.
(> < )<-- This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:08

Red face Problem still there.

The problem is still there, everything is working but the monitor is not powering on. I have tried other monitors but that didn't work either. I want to uppload a picture but its litte more than i can uppload. My MSI Bracet 2 is still showing red on nr 1,2,3 but nr 4 is showing green and i dont know what the problem is.
Old 01-12-2006, 17:44
Banned

Did you connect the 4 pin power connector also to the motherboard.

And also did you check to see if the GPU has its own power.

Have you tried to reset the BIOS by using the jumper or remove battery?

Have you check that the clear BIOS jumper is set back to OFF so that the PC starts up.
Old 01-12-2006, 18:15
Senior forum member

Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
If you made sure all cables are plugged in well then keep replacing parts in all combinations: try the same PC with another video card/monitor, the same video card/monitor with another PC etc. That's the first step for all such investigations!
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!
Old 02-12-2006, 04:37

Smile Have to located the clear BIOS jumper.

Can i remove the battery when the pc is plugged in power? Where is the clear BIOS jumper located im a little newbie at theese things. But im sure that i have plugged in everything right and yes i plugged in the 4 pins power connector. Im verry thankful for all the hekp that i have recived and i wondered if its hard to located the clear BIOS jumper and if it is can you maybe uppload a picture that shows where its located. Thanks.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:05
Senior forum member

As always (!), you need to read the motherboard manual on where the BIOS reset jumper is and how to actually do the reset. (If you're a newbie, you're only way to improve is by reading documentations!)
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!
Old 02-12-2006, 06:11

Thumbs up Ok thanks.

the only problem is that i havent got the manual anymore but i can download it and i hope it will guide me there. But thanks for all the help guys.
Old 02-12-2006, 16:13
Banned

And NO do NOT remove anything from the motherboard while mains power is connected, in on or off. Always remove the power cable from the PSU first.
Old 02-12-2006, 16:20

Thumbs up Thanks.

I have one more question to you DABhand when i start my pc my msi bracket shows 3 red lights and 1 green light and i checked it out its means (Initializing Video Interface This will start detecting CPU clock, checking type of video
onboard. Then, detect and initialize the video adapter). then nothing more happens. the monitor is still of but i will do what you guys told me. If you understood any of it plz inform me. Thanks.
Old 02-12-2006, 18:29
Senior forum member

It seems to be unable to detect the video card. Is it sitting stable in its slot; have you fastened it with a screw?

(I'm sure the motherboard manual explains the meaning of each LED color combination. Why do you think we know what they mean? What exactly is an "MSI bracket (2)" anyway: a motherboard type, a diagnostic LED group on some motherboards or on the front of some cases, a radio controlled model airplane running on gasoline...?!)
Old 03-12-2006, 18:05
Banned

Again ill ask does the Graphic card need a power source connected to it?
Old 09-12-2006, 21:47

icecube is on a distinguished road
Smile

I believe I have a problem like that before. I have radeon x1900gt, It works well to me till i encounter a problem one day I opened my computer. My computer didn't have a display, I look for the problem. When I use the integrated video with my motherboard, I have a display. But when I return with my Graphics card, it wont give a display. Since my motherboard is still under warranty, I brought my computer to where I bought my motherboard coz I suspect that the problem is PCIE bus. I'm right, the PCIE bus is broken.

It could be your AGP or PCIE bus is broken. Better check if there is a need to put an external power supply. What I mean, maybe there is some power connector from your graphics card that has to be connected to the power supply. Coz some graphics card has its own power supply connector. Like mine, has a pcie power connector.

Hope this helps.

as cool as ice...

Last edited by Grumpy; 10-12-2006 at 08:05. Reason: Removed animation! It only makes it harder for dialup users.
Old 19-12-2006, 11:38

Thumbs up Problem fixed.

Sorry guys for the late answer but i just went to a pc shop and got the pc fixed.
There was several things that didn't work include graphic card so now the problem is solved but it cost me some. Thanks for the help guys.