Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games

Old 16-12-2008, 08:14

Bollo is on a distinguished road
King's Bounty: The Legend Mini/Maxi Image

Would somebody can make a mini/maxi image of this game, please!?
...because it's protected by securom and anyone can even make it with Alcohol...but in my case it's quite impossible to do that since my burner is quite old and I can't make the DPM extraction work.

Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone that can dedicate a little time in making the image...since as somebody told me "it's not rocket science, even a trained monkey can do it" hehehe

Bollo
PD. I like to use mini-maxi image instead of cracks, since they're more usable when new patches are released, and for now the "scene groups" are just a joke and not even like the old days "groups" that cracked even a minor patch of a game released by them...
Sponsored Links
Old 16-12-2008, 09:33
Die Hard Member

nando2002 is on a distinguished road
why don't you upgrade your burner or even better, buy a new DVD drive - their are cheap nowadays (less than 10,00).
Even burner are cheap nowadays also and if you're going to keep playing games, you'll need to upgrade sooner or later.
it' not rocket science
Old 16-12-2008, 10:06

hehehe...good suggestion nando2002...i'm still working out to have enough to update the whole computer, not just the video card, as I did before to play many new games.
And, also I'm looking at a Blu-ray burner...and for now on the prices are still to high, so it can be a good companion to my new rig, if I buy a new one this year.

Anyway the problem here it's not just a solution of buying new hardware or stuff like that, as this forum is made for, I'm requesting something related to software, something that can be done easily, following the guides posted here. And if the solutino is to buy the solution i guess i will not be requesting to other people to "waste" a little time to make a mini/maxi image.

Anyway the suggestion is welcome, but is NOT the solution for what i'm requesting for...

See ya!
Bollo
Old 16-12-2008, 10:46

Zulu is on a distinguished road
@Bollo
Talking of little "waste" of time

What burner to you have ?
Have you tried all available DPM speed settings in Alcohol or even tried to set DPM speed with a tool like nero DriveSpeed or CDBremse right before the DPM starts ?
Have you tried whether Blindwrite's BWA Builder is better suited for your burner ?
Old 16-12-2008, 17:51

hehe...well my burner is a quite old LiteON one,maybe 1 year old...with it i've tried all the DPM speeds..with no luck.
About using another tools...humm..quite interesting the ones you've proposed...anyway I hope to make the trick...

About blindwrite...it's possible to make a maxi/mini image with it!?
Thanks

Bollo
Old 16-12-2008, 18:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollo View Post
hehe...well my burner is a quite old LiteON one,maybe 1 year old...with it i've tried all the DPM speeds..with no luck.
Which model exactly ?
From what i've read next DT Pro/Alcohol versions will have a major LiteOn DPM update
Quote:
About blindwrite...it's possible to make a maxi/mini image with it!?
Blindwrite can not create real/cut Mini Images, "only" Maxi-Images with padded zeroes, which can be compressed with NTFS compression.
IIRC you read about custom Blindwrite profiles in some Sims 2 FreeTime thread, didn't you ?
Old 17-12-2008, 17:48

hehehe...yeap...i've read some tutorials...
anyway...here it's the model of my burner: LiteON DVDRW SOHW-1673s
I've tried alot of times with Alcohol, I'll try it out with Daemon...
Maybe the problem is that this damned burner is that is not "clean" at all.... Should this can matter with the DPM extraction or with Blindwrite!? This burner has a long way reading and burning DVDs, i'm paranoic about the viruses and my information, so I try to backup the most I can...

See ya , Zulu!

Bollo
PD.Would be great to see someone to make the image, I'm getting tired waiting for a miracle from my PC... Hope the new one I'll buy can make all the things I want with no worries.

More PD.I guess I'm not just the only one that bought this game, or that want to play the game without screwing up you originals, at least knowing that any replacement must be paid out...so COME ON!

Last edited by Bollo; 17-12-2008 at 17:50.
Old 18-12-2008, 05:11

Quote:
Maybe the problem is that this damned burner is that is not "clean" at all.... Should this can matter with the DPM extraction or with Blindwrite!?
Depends on "where" it's not clean
Hm, DVDRW SOHW-1673s is (or at least was) fully supported and "should" make good DPM at Maximum speed

Would you please give it a try with BWA Builder (x:\Program files\VSO\BlindWrite6\BB.exe) ?
Just start and then stop extraction manually after ~160000 sectors and upload the BWA file.

Don't forget to deactivate Blindwrite's emulation driver; otherwise you'll get blacklisting issues even with the original disc.
x:\Program files\VSO\BlindWrite6\EzPlay.exe
Execute, then choose uninstall/deactivate.
Old 18-12-2008, 15:25

well...I'll try it out...but I will not guarantee anything...and if with Blindwrite doesn't work too I will quit up doing this...
I'll have to play it with the DVD inserted for now, I'm getting tired of inserting it many times but it's better to keep it on the drive on every reboot or shutdown....also this will be until I finish the game, so I guess it will not hurt me or the DVD if I left it inserted a few days more....

Thank you Zulu...at least some people here is interested about making mini/maxi images and to share them for the use of others...

See ya! and Thanks!
Bollo

PD. Keep watching this thread if I figure out to make the mini/maxi image... And it will be better if somebody else can make it and share it.