Go Back   FileForums > CD & DVD > DVD Backup Forum

Old 14-12-2002, 21:42

jojo92
Need Help Please?

I have just installed a Sony dru-500a dvd burner and used the program that came with it Veritas-Record now and I tried to burn Spirt avi format for my kids and it said it burned sucessful but when I put it in my dvd player on my TV it said wrong disk type ,I used Sony DVD+RW can you tell me what I did wrong .funny thing I put it in my computer and it would play on my Media player please give me some advice ,Am i using the right disk or what need help.Then this morning i tried to copy The patriot and it said I didnt have enough space these disk are 4.7 gig Thanks for helping .
Sponsored Links
Old 14-12-2002, 22:02

bighap is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bighap
Your dvd player might not support dvd+rw. If you don't know check here. You can't just copy a dvd movie. Most dvd movies are dvd9(dual layered) or two 4.7 GB media. That is why it won't fit on a dvd-r. My Patriot copy is 7.59 GB. Read the tutorails on doom9.net to either put the movie on two discs or take out extras and try to put it on one disc.

[size=2][color=blue][b]
US V7 PS2 w/ Apple Pro
Pioneer DVR-112D
LG GCC-4480B 48X24X48X16 CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo[/color][/b][/size]
Old 15-12-2002, 06:25

lollyruk
take bighaps advice i had the same problem and i managed to work it out .mind you if your the lucky one you might be able to get 9.4gb dvdr some people can. just depends whos selling them and there great for large dvds. good luck hope you get it all working.
Old 15-12-2002, 19:27

BG is on a distinguished road
Anybody can get the 9.4 gb discs.. The only problems is that all they are is a double sided 4.7 disc... To use the enitre disc, you have to take it out and flip it over....
And they are EXPENSIVE... Much better off just using 2 dvd-r's...
[b][color=blue]Lite-On LTD-166S DVD-Rom W/[/color][color=red]Smart-X[/color][/b]
[COLOR=blue][B]LG GCE-8320B W/[/color][color=red]8MB Buffer[/COLOR][/B]
Old 16-12-2002, 05:48

lollyruk
you cant always get 9.4mg cds in most shops ( in the uk anyway) is what i mean and i agree yes they are expensive and you are probably better following die hard members advice stick to dvdrs.

good luck.

lollyruk
pioneer dvdr 105
Old 16-12-2002, 07:09

BG is on a distinguished road
Yeah... I agree with you.... If you do buy your disc from shops, the 9.4 discs are hard to find... I buy all my media online, thus you can pretty much find anything you want...
I actually like the 9.4 discs except they are expensive and you have to be very careful when handling them, since there is no label and data is on both sides...
[b][color=blue]Lite-On LTD-166S DVD-Rom W/[/color][color=red]Smart-X[/color][/b]
[COLOR=blue][B]LG GCE-8320B W/[/color][color=red]8MB Buffer[/COLOR][/B]