Go Back   FileForums > CD & DVD > CD/DVD Software & Utilities

Old 18-09-2002, 15:08

Tonytone
Send a message via AIM to Tonytone Send a message via Yahoo to Tonytone
Why does it take so long to read PS games?

I've noticed when backing up PS1 or PS2 CD-ROM games, my Plextor 40/12/40 takes a very long time to read the original disc. Often times the speed is reduced to less than 1x, what gives?

How can I speed up the read process? And how do I judge the write speed using Verbatim DataSafe CD-R's?

TIA
Sponsored Links
Old 18-09-2002, 15:26

Tonytone
Send a message via AIM to Tonytone Send a message via Yahoo to Tonytone
Also...

I have profiles setup in my CloneCD v4 which auto. defaults to SecuRom on every PS game, is that OK or should I go with the basic game profile that comes with CCD4?
Old 19-09-2002, 15:03
Die Hard Member

lufcfan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lufcfan Send a message via MSN to lufcfan
Your problem is the profile that you are using. You need to download Clony XXL. This will give you the correct settings for CloneCD and it will start the program with these settings in place. PS2 / PSone games are protected with the PSX / Libcrypt protection so the SECUrom profile isn't going to be any good for you. The game profile is for PC games only - Not PS2 / PSone. If you do a simple search on the internet you should find what you're looking for...
[SIZE=3][COLOR=orange][B][COLOR=blue]PS2, [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX[/COLOR] & [COLOR=darkolivegreen]Xbox 360[/COLOR] installs / repairs in [U][COLOR=red]West Yorkshire,[/COLOR][COLOR=red] UK[/COLOR][/U] - [COLOR=#ff0000]Nationwide Service [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]-[/COLOR]Please Contact me by PM for more info[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :)

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=seagreen]360 DVD Drive Fw.[/COLOR] [COLOR=orange]Upgraded/Recovered/Restored -[/COLOR] Bad Flash? No Problem! [COLOR=blue]PM for info[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX 360[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]v1.0[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]- [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=red]Samsung TS-H943A [COLOR=orange]w/ iXtreme 1.4 Fw.[/COLOR] :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Old 22-09-2002, 18:27

BG is on a distinguished road
If you are looking for it, you can download Clony XXL HERE!
It's at the bottom of the page...
[b][color=blue]Lite-On LTD-166S DVD-Rom W/[/color][color=red]Smart-X[/color][/b]
[COLOR=blue][B]LG GCE-8320B W/[/color][color=red]8MB Buffer[/COLOR][/B]