Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games

Old 03-07-2006, 14:01

Xophile is on a distinguished road
Exclamation [Request] F.E.A.R. Savegames + .reg-entries needed

Hey!

Today I did a fresh install of Windows XP to get some more performance but simply forgot to backup my FEAR savegames and all the important .reg-entries needed for playing the game (I hate reinstalling things that I already have on my hdd).

If somebody could be so kind to export their registry keys etc which are needed for FEAR + send me some savegames (I haven't played more than 7-8 levels if I remember correctly) I would be really happy!

Thank you kindly!

PS. If you export keys from your registry, please remember to check for your personal CD-KEY and *REMOVE* it before you put it up here (or send it to me) by mistake, as I already have my very own CD-KEY and don't want the one that's helping me out get into "trouble). Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2006, 16:35

XdaywalkerX is on a distinguished road
no need for registry keys - the game starts fine with crack after reinstalling the os
Old 04-07-2006, 01:24

Yeah, I noticed that it starts up fine too but I can't patch it to v 1.06 and I still don't have my savegames
Old 04-07-2006, 01:43

Thanked 1,677 Times in 724 Posts
Grumpy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I hate reinstalling things that I already have on my hdd
Just reinstall it as it would be quicker than waiting for a response!!
Bad luck about your saved games, its only 7-8 levels you have lost, consider it as a lesson learnt!
Old 04-07-2006, 05:09
Senior forum member

Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
Just some throughts...

1. The game doesn't rely on registry entries. When I ripped it and removed its registry entries - while exporting them into a file, of course -, it continued to work happily.

2. I made my usual "savegame dir patch", to have all config files and savegames stored in the "SAVEDATA" subdirectory of the game installation directory. Meanwhile, I also upgraded from 1.05 to 1.06. While testing my patch, savegames wouldn't load anymore, I got "Disconnected from server" all the time. Something in the game went wrong because even removing the patches and moving all files to the proper location, in Windows' all users' documents directory structure, didn't help. So, I re-applied the patches and started playing again. Now it works: version 1.06, cracked (with the 1.04 crack, it does seem to work fine!), "savegame dir patched", games are saved and loaded properly. Weird!

(Damn, finally I had some time to play games this weekend... )
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!
Old 04-07-2006, 06:07

Joe Forster:

Thanks for your reply! The thing is I got the game working without the reg-entries and I also got a few savegames from a friend but I can't patch it. When I try the latest patch it says I don't have correctly installed FEAR. Would you mind sending me your reg-keys?

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2006, 06:21
Senior forum member

Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
You gotta contact the publisher with problems concerning the official updates. (Actually, I couldn't even launch the installer because the goddamn idiots programmed it to always unpack itself onto drive C: - which is only a quarter of a Gigabyte on my system, for good old DOS -, while Windows XP is on drive F: on my system. So, I had to unpack it manually and guess which file goes where...)
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!
Old 05-07-2006, 02:31

Magia is on a distinguished road
Cheat If You Need To!!!

hey just wanted to tell ya that if you're still not up to the correct save game, you can use this code to skip the level until you are at a desired point.
maphole - next level

press 't' to bring up chat and enter the code (maphole)

Cheers