Go Back   FileForums > Off Topic > Software

Old 01-01-2019, 17:01

L0v3craft is on a distinguished road
How to get a list of files extensions of a folder

Hi guys, i need of a little program that given a folder(with files and folders inside) can gives to me the list of the extensions of the existing files inside that folder.

Example: i give to the program the directory of some installed game and it gives to me a report like this:

Extensions of present files:

.exe
.dll
.mp3
.bik
.pak
.assets
.resS
and so on

I mean, i don't want get a list of all files, i want only get a list of the extensions(but wrote only one time like in my example).

The purpose of a program like this is that i can get in few seconds the list of the extensions of all existing files in a given folder, so in the cases when a game has 20/30k files i don't must check every folder/subfolder or however i will not check(slowly) a list of 40k files to check every extensions of the present files. With a software like this i can get in few seconds what i want know and i can test different compression methods for every different type/extension of the files present in the game folder.

Sorry for my bad english but i don't find better words to explain this

A bat file that can do something like this should be enough for me too.

I'm sure that "felice2011" is able to create something like this, thank you!

Last edited by L0v3craft; 01-01-2019 at 17:07.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2019, 08:09

Thanked 1,069 Times in 368 Posts
felice2011 is on a distinguished road
Ok .. I read, I was in the company for work this morning, give me 15 minutes to write a raw code about it and see if it goes well..

Ok..si ho letto, sono stato in azienda per lavoro stamattina, dammi 15 minuti per scrivere un codice grezzo a riguardo e vedi se vabene. ciao
Mediocrities Imitate, Genius Copy, God Creates & Destroys (I Reconsider & Improve Their Works, Rending Them One And Only)
Old 02-01-2019, 10:37

@L0vee ... you see a little of it, that's okay, later I put the file, now I have to do.

Mediocrities Imitate, Genius Copy, God Creates & Destroys (I Reconsider & Improve Their Works, Rending Them One And Only)
The Following User Says Thank You to felice2011 For This Useful Post:
L0v3craft (02-01-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 10:55

L0v3craft is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by felice2011 View Post
@L0vee ... you see a little of it, that's okay, later I put the file, now I have to do.

Thank you for the efforts ! I like that interface, very simple and i can save a report too, great ! This tool will be very useful for the repackers i guess, it saves much time in particular cases(where the games have so many files).

Last edited by L0v3craft; 02-01-2019 at 10:58.
Old 02-01-2019, 13:27

https://www.fileforums.com/showthread.php?t=102516