Go Back   FileForums > Games > General Gaming

Old 27-01-2005, 03:37

hillarydl is on a distinguished road
With the useful advises here, managed to get thru the 4th rest easily until the last level - level 10. I am now stuck there. Tried many ways but still I lost a lot of tables. Seeing so many people completed make me want to continue trying...
Sponsored Links
Old 27-01-2005, 11:24

kdt is on a distinguished road
Sure you should finish it after spending so much time on it.

I followed erinreid's tips and finally beat it. I just finished it . the last level of res 5 is much easier than the 9th level.

Just as looseefur said. only server as much as you can handle. do not put in so many ppls, but you aint fast enough to server them. Max for me is 8 tables.

when possible, try to server some nack , it will gain more point so you can become an expert.

I finished most of the level in res 5 with expert
Old 28-01-2005, 02:07

YES I finally did it. Finished!! Yes you are right kdt - i managed to get thru the final level quite easily - I got almost 65,000.

In the rest 1-4 , i did a small and costly mistake, I should not have collected monies and plates at the same after they finished eating, I lost out in the chain bonus. I found this out in final level of 4th rest, after that, no prob meeting the goals, sometimes exceeded to the expert level.

As for the snacks and drinks, I find them sometimes useful. Dont hv to entertain them all the time, but once you see the hearts level for those on the table dropped to more than half, quickly serve them drinks, after/before you serve them the meal. I serve 4-5 tables only at one time even when the queue is long. After you hv collected the orders, go to the podium and/or while they are eating. Go to the podium as often as possible. Lift those who are about to leave to prevent them from leaving while at the podium.

This is a simple, yet exciting game. Cheers everyone.
Old 28-01-2005, 14:44

SwollenBelly is on a distinguished road
I am on res 5 level 9..I think its level 9,its the level where the minute you seat them they want to order right off and eat and are done before you get done serving the others..I am stuck here I can not get past this level and have tried everything..I can make it 19,250 and thats it how many tables should I serve?? I have tried serving any where from 2-6 tables..Should I go for more?
Old 29-01-2005, 07:34

Stephanology is on a distinguished road
waitressing Nirvana

YAY!

I just finished the Diner Dash last night and boy, it WAS a marathon, just like Flo said!

I thought I'd throw in my personal strategies. Sorry, but this is a really over-written post, and I haven't got the brains to edit it down.

On the last level of the fifth restaurant, I felt like the two most important things are the podium and the choice of who you seat together.

First off, you want to be at the podium ALL the time. Obviously, you can't be there all the time, but that's the attitude you want. To that end, I always tried to seat patrons in groups of four tables, ending up at the lower Left hand corner. For instance, 2 groups on the bar, and 2 groups on the left side tables, making one group of four, and 2 groups along the bottom edge, and 2 on the right side, making a second group of four. (I wasn't able to do it by seating 12 at a time, as I could never get matching groups, so I couldn't sync the groups up.) By seating patrons that way, you can run down an aisle and hit 4 tables quickly and end up back at the podium to spread a little love. (Going to the podium will NOT break a chain!) Also, this way, the 2 groups of four are near one another, which helps for the all important "Check chain". I was able to ALWAYS deliver all checks in one chain. (remember, don't check and pick up dishes, just drop the check!) The precise placement will depend on the sizes of the groups, but always keep an eye on building little "aisles" so you can hit 4 tables at a time QUICKLY!
I'm not 100% sure, but i think you at least maintain the love of the people on line by standing at the podium, even if you don't see that heart on the podium. It's critical that your patrons have a LOT of love when you seat them, because they will be waiting a lot, so you can always get four-chains, or six-chains, or 8-chains (or 12-chains, if you're erinreid!)

You should go for 2 groups of 4 at all times. Sometimes, though, I had to sacrifice and seat SIX people instead of 8 because I always sat like groups of 4 or 2. In fact, I even did rounds of just ONE group of four because I didn't want to seat dissimilar groups. By seating like groups, you will have an easier time pickup up 4 orders, dropping 4 foods, etc. By syncing the 2 groups, you can easily get 8-chains.

BUT remember, you have to KEEP going back to that podium, or you'll lose customers while serving 8 at a time! Watch the seated diners and let them sit around a while, as long as they have a couple of hearts when they get their check, you're ok. After you get them eating, you should usually be able to stand at the podium until you get TWO podium hearts, which should make the waiting customers very happy.

Also, be careful what types you have in the diner at once. Businesswomen should take precedence in seating, since they're probably least patient, but only seat them with Young Girls or Hotshots, or you'll wind up with one group too fast and one too slow. Seniors and College Boys eat at a similar rate, (though COllege boys seem to order faster) If you don't keep the standees happy, you'll be tempted to seat impatient business women with impatient college students- DISASTER!

From reading around, there are no hard and fast rules, these are just the concepts I used and I won with about a $51,000 score on the final round. And be aware, you don't have to be a perfect machine to win this level, you CAN make a little mistake here and there and still win, so don't get discouraged. If you only seat 4 once in a while, it's fine, if you lose a group or 2, you can still win!

And yes, ignore the snacks! I did occasssionally use the drinks when I was messing up and let a table get too unhappy, but it's hardly ever worth the time, and it's NEVER worth breaking a chain over!

REMEMBER:
Keep your standees happy!
Try to keep your diners in like groups!
Keep your diners close to each other!
Sync your 4-groups to build 8-chains or even 12-chains!
Don't rush, let the diners spend their time seated while you...
KEEP YOUR STANDEES HAPPY!

Thanks everyone who posted, i'd have given up in Restaurant 3 if not for y'all! And thanks to the guys at gamelab and playfirst!

Steph
Old 31-01-2005, 09:40

Stephanology is on a distinguished road
Colors Colors

Hi again, just realized another important tip on my third time through Diner Dash: an easy way to use the color bonuses, which can be pretty powerful.

If I try to set groups in the most color-matched arrangement, it always takes forever and i wind up losing the timing of the table. Instead, just look for the highest color bonus flag, and look at the standees. If a group you want to seat has a person of the same color, put your hand on that person, and drop him/her right on the chair he/she matches. 90% of the time, that person will land in the right chair, adn get the bonus. You will usually only get one bonus per seating, but if you can do this a few times for each table, you'll up your score substantially.

Steph
Old 31-01-2005, 14:29

butch1286 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

I need help too I can't get past level 4 on 3rd resteraunt folowed all suggestions can get to 7,895 then lose any way to keep the bussiness women from getting their panties in a twist?????
Old 31-01-2005, 19:11

SwollenBelly is on a distinguished road
I learned that seating only 4 tables at a time helps and stand at the podium until everyone is ready to order then serve them their food then go stand at the podium again and wait until everyone is ready for their checks....I also learned that if you click only once on a table to hand out checks then go back and click again to clean up you get more points too...I was double clicking the tables and couldnt even get points that I needed....Hope this helps..Oh yeah beat the game by the way
Old 31-01-2005, 19:23

yes I agree with SwollenBelly. this is what happen to me in the first few restaurants, i barely had enough to meet the target goal. Now i tried again licking on the checks and dishes on separate occasion, I managed to be an expert in almost all the stages.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:42

Ashen_ is on a distinguished road
Hi..

I purchased diner dash and put the code in, it was all fine til the last restaurant, I was having problems with level 9 and I was up most of the night, I was too tired to carry on, lol, so I decided to sleep and come back to it, only when I did it told me that my *temporary* key had expired?????? What the hell..

Can anyone help me solve this, or email me a key, please??? I'm seeing angry business women leaving the rest. in my head and they won't go away til I beat the game! Lol.

Btw, I have screen shots to prove that I purchased the game and got to level 5!

Last edited by Ashen_; 10-02-2005 at 22:21.
Old 10-02-2005, 22:02

Ashen_ is on a distinguished road
Talking I beat it toooooooooo!!!

Yay!!!!! I FINALLY BEAT THE GAME!!! The last level is so cool, lol... I'm afraid that I couldn't wait for stoopid oberon to email me back wif my reg details again, so I found a crack for the game.. it closed itself down a few times tho, which was frustrating.

I got a grand total ooofff... wait for it lol: 593,380... I got the highest score of the ppl on the high score board at the time (Dani) out of curiosity, what were other ppls final scores?
On the last level I got 74,995, but it didn't let me pick up the last plate, it did that a few times, why is that? It totally would have been over 75 thou if I could have done!

Anywayz, I have a few tips, sorry if I repeat anyone here:

1. Once the ppl in the cue's hearts get below 4, it's hard to keep them up, so seat them quick and serve them drinks to raise their hearts.

2. Inbetween EVERY chain action, go to the podium to keep the ppl in line happy. (I don't know what I ever did without the podium in the earlier levels! Lol)...
So, seat as many as you can handle (on the last level I managed to seat EVERY table and chain them all..) but don't do more than you can handle, you will lose tables and liners...
So basically:
*seat them
*go to the podium
*take orders
*go to the podium
*give food
*go to the podium, get the idea? you should also be able to chain longer if you do this, bc their hearts will be full enough to allow for it.

LEAVE SNACKS unless you NEED the points, or you need to keep hearts up... BUT, having said that, the hearts should be SO full from keeping them happy in line, that you shouldn't need to.. if you can handle it and are looking to expert scores, then give snacks, but don't let snack giving break your chains! They try to catch you out with that.

3. At the start of a level, don't start to seat ppl until there's at least 4 or 5 ppl in the line, just stand at the podium and increase heart-levels.

Btw.. some of these tips contradict erins tips, but this is what worked for me, I guess everyone has to find their own way, it just helps to have a few tips.. try both ways, see what suits you! You'll probably find your own way somewhere inbetween

Anywayz, I hope that helps and I hope you beat the game too! I do have more, I'll come back later and post them.
Now finally the angry business women in my head have stopped leaving in a huff and they're going off with smiles!

Last edited by Ashen_; 10-02-2005 at 22:22. Reason: html codes showing
Old 15-02-2005, 12:42

LisaREcharge is on a distinguished road
Eek.

Can anyone send me the registration code or a crack for this game?
Old 19-02-2005, 10:51

Josephine37 is on a distinguished road
Wink Yes yes yes

Oh yes here i am again stuck now like most. I have gotten the third diner but I keep playing and playing and just can not make it pass the 8th lvl of the 3rd diner. I have sat people in groups of 4 and did that whole standing thing while they eat. I have just stood and grouped same guest together at once that is not working. I am to hooked it is sick now. I would love a hint on how to pass this lvl 8 at the 3rd diner pls pls pls hehe

Jo hehe
Old 20-02-2005, 15:14

tallpkb is on a distinguished road
Diner Dash- HELP!

Ok all you Diner Dash experts. I have what probably is a dumb question , but help me understand chaining. I thought that Flo can only do two of the same things at once; i.e. take two checks to the counter, serve two tables at a time, etc. SO, WHAT EXACTLY IS CHAINING??? I'm stuck on the second restaurant at (I think) level 7 or 8 (the one with all the business women). Thanks!
Old 27-02-2005, 12:40

citygal212 is on a distinguished road
Diner Dash

Thanks to SwollenBelly's post -
I learned that seating only 4 tables at a time helps and stand at the podium until everyone is ready to order then serve them their food then go stand at the podium again and wait until everyone is ready for their checks....I also learned that if you click only once on a table to hand out checks then go back and click again to clean up you get more points too...I was double clicking the tables and couldnt even get points that I needed....Hope this helps..Oh yeah beat the game by the way

The most important thing is -click only once on a table to hand out checks then go back and click again to clean up you get more points too

That one - helped me finish the game in relative ease. You will make A LOT more points doing the above.

I would drop off checks to all the tables then go straight to the podium to pump up the heart values of those in line - then I would go back and bus the tables - then go back to podium and wait till the hearts were filled up - then seat the next group of tables.

I hope this helps - it made me get past 2nd restaurant levels finally - and even at the the 5th restaurant - I never sat more than 5 tables with the above advice - the 5th restaurant levels allow you to lose at most 2 tables to still make the goals - but any more and you will have to redo the level you are at.