Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games > PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions > Conversion Tutorials

View Poll Results: Should installations compiled with Installer Creator be protected using methods.
Yes, I'd like all my installations to be protected. I don't want people to steal my ideas. 1 16.67%
No, I like to share my ideas because it may open new paths for other people. 5 83.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1576  
Old 13-04-2018, 04:09
EyeSalt's Avatar
EyeSalt EyeSalt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 5
Thanks: 65
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
EyeSalt is on a distinguished road
@Kitsune1982, Thank you! Your Script.iss also fixed the problem I was having with Install Creator not attaching the icon file to compiled .exe file.

Also, thanks to Razor12911, great installer.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #1577  
Old 14-04-2018, 01:10
008black 008black is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: India
Posts: 21
Thanks: 11
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
008black is on a distinguished road
Can you tell any alternative to inno setup that can extract files compressed using arc I have tried advance installer and setup factory they can extract files but using .bat file I want them to extract like inno setup so can anyone help
Reply With Quote
  #1578  
Old 14-04-2018, 01:17
78372 78372 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Bangladesh
Posts: 650
Thanks: 772
Thanked 936 Times in 309 Posts
78372 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 008black View Post
can you tell any alternative to inno setup that can extract files compressed using arc i have tried advance installer and setup factory they can extract files but using .bat file i want them to extract like inno setup so can anyone help
nsis
__________________
NOT AVAILABLE
Reply With Quote
  #1579  
Old 14-04-2018, 07:27
pakrat2k2's Avatar
pakrat2k2 pakrat2k2 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,210
Thanks: 3,040
Thanked 8,981 Times in 3,083 Posts
pakrat2k2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 008black View Post
Can you tell any alternative to inno setup that can extract files compressed using arc I have tried advance installer and setup factory they can extract files but using .bat file I want them to extract like inno setup so can anyone help
uniextractbeta
Reply With Quote
  #1580  
Old 14-04-2018, 11:56
008black 008black is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: India
Posts: 21
Thanks: 11
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
008black is on a distinguished road
Thank you I will try these
Reply With Quote
  #1581  
Old 22-04-2018, 07:39
kikibga kikibga is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: france
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kikibga is on a distinguished road
What is the method for recompile the script of compiler ?
Sorry for my english.
I solved it

Last edited by kikibga; 22-04-2018 at 09:36.
Reply With Quote
  #1582  
Old 29-05-2018, 08:33
Rabbit67 Rabbit67 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: sweden
Posts: 4
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rabbit67 is on a distinguished road
Hi,

This is my first post here and i must say that I am impressed about the work of the IC program, great job

I got some question, maybe someone would like to answer them.

1. I trying to get an icon on a url shortcut, I can get the shortcut created on desktop, when I install, but i donīt know how get the icon from the programs exe file to it.

2. How can i get the programs exe icon on uninstall in "program and Features"?

I hope someone can answer. Thx.
Reply With Quote
  #1583  
Old 29-05-2018, 13:25
pakrat2k2's Avatar
pakrat2k2 pakrat2k2 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,210
Thanks: 3,040
Thanked 8,981 Times in 3,083 Posts
pakrat2k2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit67 View Post
Hi,

This is my first post here and i must say that I am impressed about the work of the IC program, great job

I got some question, maybe someone would like to answer them.

1. I trying to get an icon on a url shortcut, I can get the shortcut created on desktop, when I install, but i donīt know how get the icon from the programs exe file to it.

2. How can i get the programs exe icon on uninstall in "program and Features"?

I hope someone can answer. Thx.
get freeware program called get icons v2.5 it will allow you to extract icons from any program or dll. or you can google images for specific game, alot of times you'll find custom png ( to use for icon ) the online convert png to ico
will also create an ico file for you as well, but get icons is much quicker.

looking for more info on icons, use search topic at top of thread, then input icons, will result in many posts already asking the same questions.
Reply With Quote
  #1584  
Old 29-05-2018, 21:46
Rabbit67 Rabbit67 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: sweden
Posts: 4
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rabbit67 is on a distinguished road
Ok, thanks for the answer. But it was not the question, I know how to get a icon file. My question was how to get the programs exe icon on desktop shortcut url when installing the program. I can do it with the inno setup, but I wonder if I can do it with the IC program.
Reply With Quote
  #1585  
Old 30-06-2018, 10:45
MMBDON MMBDON is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: INDIA
Posts: 48
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
MMBDON is on a distinguished road
EZ Installer Request

If anyone having EZ Installer creator by Razor, please provide this! I think this is already made 100% by razor. It is very impressive.
Reply With Quote
  #1586  
Old 04-03-2019, 08:06
Johan1969 Johan1969 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Rotterdam
Posts: 1
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Johan1969 is on a distinguished road
Newcomer needs advice/help with this program

Hello all, Don't laugh but I need some help with this program.
Is there a video Tutorial somewhere I can watch or a Document file.
I really want to learn all this.
I have also downloaded the !Game_Installer_Designer_Skins but all files are
in asz format. How can I open these..
I know, Stupid questions ,but hope someone will help me out with a few steps.
Reply With Quote
  #1587  
Old 04-03-2019, 08:25
yasitha's Avatar
yasitha yasitha is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Krypton
Posts: 297
Thanks: 203
Thanked 48 Times in 33 Posts
yasitha is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan1969 View Post
Hello all, Don't laugh but I need some help with this program.
Is there a video Tutorial somewhere I can watch or a Document file.
I really want to learn all this.
I have also downloaded the !Game_Installer_Designer_Skins but all files are
in asz format. How can I open these..
I know, Stupid questions ,but hope someone will help me out with a few steps.
Oky go to first post here
https://fileforums.com/showpost.php?...07&postcount=1

And download English (. chm) file, it's the tutorial

How to open and everything in the first post.
Read you'll see...

If you read all on chm file you'll know,
how to use it
__________________
Keep Up The Good Works!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yasitha For This Useful Post:
Johan1969 (04-03-2019)
  #1588  
Old 27-07-2019, 22:47
andreiutzu21 andreiutzu21 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Romania
Posts: 73
Thanks: 194
Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts
andreiutzu21 is on a distinguished road
hi everyone . how to compile setup and get workng with ultra arc diskspan? when i try install it give me error ISDone dll unarc.dll thanks
Reply With Quote
  #1589  
Old 14-01-2020, 16:18
DogFoxX DogFoxX is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: South Africa
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DogFoxX is on a distinguished road
Hey there Razor.
Since I last used your software (dunno when that was, back when the UI was black...)
Anyway, it has changed a lot for me. Now using 3.0.2.0, and I donnot understan how to use the designer. How to add buttons, how to change button behavior, Button text, etc.
Do all pages share the same background (like main Install page 1)?
Please, I usually figure these thing out for myself, but I'm at a loss... I really need some help
Reply With Quote
  #1590  
Old 14-01-2020, 16:46
DogFoxX DogFoxX is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: South Africa
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DogFoxX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFoxX View Post
Hey there Razor.
Since I last used your software (dunno when that was, back when the UI was black...)
Anyway, it has changed a lot for me. Now using 3.0.2.0, and I donnot understan how to use the designer. How to add buttons, how to change button behavior, Button text, etc.
Do all pages share the same background (like main Install page 1)?
Please, I usually figure these thing out for myself, but I'm at a loss... I really need some help
Nevermind, I say I wanted your old Advanced Setup Creator... much better IMHO. Thanx anyway for all you hard work.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
INDEX - Conversion Tutorial Index Razor12911 Conversion Tutorials 5 11-06-2020 02:05
Source Code: Conversion Converter Razor12911 Conversion Tutorials 66 31-03-2018 18:53
Preview: Conversion Tool for Advanced Setup Creator Razor12911 Conversion Tutorials 6 10-05-2017 00:30
Simple Conversion Help akarikk Conversion Tutorials 4 09-11-2014 14:21



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2000-2020, FileForums @ https://fileforums.com