Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games

Old 16-08-2009, 14:10

GroundNPound is on a distinguished road
Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships MULTI5 no cd patch

I'm looking for a nocd patch for Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships. This is the multi-language release not the Russian version. The version I own uses TAGES copy protection and as of yet I don't think there is a nocd for this particular version. If anyone knows of one or has an idea if there will be one soon please let me know. Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Rick
Sponsored Links
Old 16-08-2009, 17:46
Banned

DABhand is on a distinguished road
Multi-Language release and not Russian?

Did you buy your game?
Old 16-08-2009, 23:11

wolfsrain is on a distinguished road
Well, there are two versions that were confirmed to be out there: the russian version is out since 2007 and has Starforce for protection. The EU version is multilanguage and is indeed protected by TAGES.
No confirmation if the US really got out. The US version should have been out there since the end of June, but most american people posting in piratesahoy forums agree on the fact that they've never saw in stores that version. Even more, the US stores don't seem to be informed that such a game came out. On the other hand, IGN.com has a review of the game.

Gamersgate still doesn't offer the game for sale and download and the release dates for the game on Gamersgate are changing constantly (last time I've checked where for october 2009). Even in Europe the game is extremely hard to find and some UK stores are listing the game as pre-order (game.co.uk) . On the other hand you can find some copies at play.com.
The publisher it's quasiabsent from the game's official forums and there are no answers to the questions where the game can be found in stores. If you are lucky, in Europe, you might stumble over a small shop that might have a small stock (Germany and France had some copies of the game). The lack of communication between the publisher and its possible customers is at least puzzling.
Old 17-08-2009, 04:26

I bought the game at a Wal-Mart in Northern Ontario. The game was released under the Playlogic banner and developed by the Russian company Akella. Basically I can't get the game to run with the TAGES protection, keeps telling me to insert the DVD even though the disc is in the drive. I haven't found any solution after hours of searching the net. I figured a nocd would be a nice easy solution but no luck there either.
Old 17-08-2009, 06:01

Try updating the TAGES drivers and make sure that you have no programs that are installing virtual drives on your PC (Daemon Tools, Alciohol 120%, Nero, Power ISO, UltraISO, Virtual CD).
There are no cracks available for the Multi5 and the US versions, while for the russian version it's available only a crack for v1.212 (the EU and the US versions are patched at v1.3)
Old 17-08-2009, 12:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsrain View Post
Try updating the TAGES drivers and make sure that you have no programs that are installing virtual drives on your PC (Daemon Tools, Alciohol 120%, Nero, Power ISO, UltraISO, Virtual CD).
There are no cracks available for the Multi5 and the US versions, while for the russian version it's available only a crack for v1.212 (the EU and the US versions are patched at v1.3)
Unfortunately I've tried that already, the TAGES drivers are the latest 5.5.7.2 or some revision close to that. I have no virtual drive software installed and I still have no luck. One person suggested that the divx codec has caused some conflicts with this game, causing the dvd not to be read at game start up. Really though I don't much like the idea of getting rid of codecs as I have numerous media files I enjoy watching. Could there be a nocd in the near future or basically no one wants to make one? Does anyone know that? Thanks for the help folks.

Cheers,
Rick
Old 17-08-2009, 14:15

TAGES is a pain to crack. Especially the latest versions. The Witcher had around 5 or 6 months until the first crack came out. On the other hand there is bound to be something in your operating system that conflicts with TAGES. Did you try the DVD on some other PC?
Old 17-08-2009, 16:51

Not as of yet but I guess I should do that. I'm definitely not a fan of TAGES