Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games

Closed Thread

Old 27-03-2005, 05:23
Banned

krondike is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Techinical Problems? Post it here.

More and more techinical questions have been asked here. As you all know we don't realy support this.

But I do understand why they turn in to this forum, becuase there are GAMERS here, and the technical support at the game publisher SUCKS.
So if moderators if okay with that, we can have one topic open for all the technical problems.
Conserning, ONLY game crashes/game won't run. ALL OTHER QUESTION WILL BE DELETED

----------------------------------------------------------------------
There are few topicrule + the rules in the forum.
* Don't ask a question that's already been answered, meaning you most read from top to tow in this topic thread.

* Every problem you have, conserning this topic, always collect this information:
OS with serverpack number (if you can version number of the OS):
CPU:
RAM:
DirectX:
Graphic Card:
Graphic Cards drivers:
Game you trying to run:
How dose it crash/error:
Dose it works with your original disc inserted:
Any other value information is requested.
If you don't include all of this the topic will be deleted.

BETA version of anykind in any product will not be supported, as you know beta is known to be unstable.

If you using graphic tools like Ray Adams ATI Tray Tool. Try to shut theme down and see if works bether.

Tweaks can also cuase problems.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Some fixes that I've done.

Im using ATI Radeon 9800XT.
And I realy love Ray Adams ATI Tray Tools.
However I found out it cause some problems. Example, running Neverwinter Nights it crashes. Running A&A is crashes. Sulution is to shut down the Ray Adams ATI Tray Tool.

Don't USE beta drivers.

In ATI Catalyst drivers, there always including "Knowing issues" read it to see if your card and your game is included.

In UEFA Champions Leage 2005, the movies are converted to shockwave. This is the funny part, If you using FireFox as a deffualt web-reader, the game will not run, the game will crash and make a error report. It took about 3 hours to realize the problem, so I've saved you some time here.

In NHL 2005, the game chrashed in wierd ways, only crack that was functional for me, was a no-cd based on Reloaded. Just realized how bad EA are.
Sponsored Links
Old 27-03-2005, 05:52

DarkLeftos is on a distinguished road
Well... Not really sure why you had problems with UEFA CL. I have Firefox as default browser, but had no problems with UEFA CL whatsoever.

Are you sure it's a conflict between them?

[I]"Mr. Worf, scan that ship." "Aye, Captain... 300 DPI?"[/I]

[SIZE=1]ALBATRON PX865PE PRO - Chieftec ATX 420W - Intel Celeron D 2.93GHz - 1GB DDR (333 MHz) - CHAINTECH GeForce FX 6800 128MB - Realtek AC'97 onBoard - Seagate 80GB (SATA) + WD 80GB (IDE) + WD 20 GB (IDE) - Windows XP Professional SP2[/SIZE]

[B]Want to convert your WAVs, MP3s and OGGs fast and easy? Newbie to audio encoding? Use [URL=http://wav2mp3lame.sourceforge.net]Wav2MP3 Wizard[/URL]![/B]
Old 27-03-2005, 06:46
Banned

krondike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLeftos
Well... Not really sure why you had problems with UEFA CL. I have Firefox as default browser, but had no problems with UEFA CL whatsoever.

Are you sure it's a conflict between them?
When I uninstalled firefox the game runned fine. When I've had it installed, I've couldn't get the "asome" movie about Championsleage. I got only get EA Sport, it's in the game.

But if other people get it to functional, fine for me, but IF you experince the same problem, try to uninstall firefox and install Shockwave player and see if that works!
Old 24-04-2005, 14:32

SirMaverick is on a distinguished road
Hey,

I'm having a problem with neverwinter nights running/loading/ and slow running when I'm playing (or trying to) I do not play this game online. I have the following specs on my computer
Processor: Pentium 4 2.54
Video Card: 256 meg Raedon 9250
Memory: 1 gig
DirectX Version: 9.0c

I only use the original cd for this game since I'm trying to figure out how to play it, I just bought it. I can't find any help pertaining to this on any other site that helps. The following is from a report when I click the configure/change/scan/report.

[OS]
OS=Windows XP v5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2
Result=2
Skip=0
[Processor]
Type=Intel Pentium 4
Vendor=Intel
NumCPUs=1
Speed=-1801
Result=0
Skip=0
[RAM]
RAM=1023
Result=2
Skip=0
[Video Card]
Type=RADEON 9250
VRAM=512
Desktop Resolution=1024x768
Desktop Color Depth=32
Result=2
Skip=0
[Open GL]
OpenGL Installed=1
OpenGL Version=1.3.5014 WinXP Release
Result=2
Skip=0
[Direct X]
DirectX Installed=1
DirectX Version=DirectX (8+) (4.09.00.0904)
DirectX Build=4.09.00.0904
Result=2

Please notice that it reads my processor speed at negative 1800 (-1800)

I also get the following statement:

The system does not meet the minimum processor speed requirements. You will most likely have performance problems running the game, which can be reduced by lowering detail settings in the nwconfig program.

I meet all of the system requirements. Is there an error in the game?
I have ran every patch available all the way to the beta with no improvement. Thank you in advance for any help.
Closed Thread