Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > SEGA > DC Games

Old 18-08-2003, 11:07

hrb2k
what are some small DC ggames??

i know that the 2d fighters are small. around 200mb non-dummied. i have successfully put multiple back-ups on one cd using the planetweb browser. i tried reading the .nfo's to certain games, but they only tell me the size of the cdr needed to burn it.

so what are some small DC games??
Sponsored Links
Old 18-08-2003, 16:30

Hacker999
Mind giving me a litlle tutorial on how to do that?

But anyway, a few small games that I know of

Capcom vs SNK 1
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Ikaruga
PBA Bowling 2001
Virtua Cop 2
Silent scope

There are plenty more than that though.
Old 18-08-2003, 21:06

hrb2k
pw

ok, i have capcom/snk2, marvel/capcom2, and super street fighter 2 x on one cd. cvs2 and mvc2 work, but ssf2x doesn't. again i don't know how to boot it. i did a couple of tests runs trying to boot it, but no avail. i did notice something strange. i put the ssf2x cd in isobuster. the second session starts at lba 11700, but i opened the 1st_read.bin in hex workshop and the lba before the "cd001" string was set at 45166.??? strange.

i also know that these games are small,

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Street Fighter 3 : 3rd strike
Crazy Taxi
Crazy Taxi 2

btw, i d'loaded CT2, but did not unrar it. do u know if its a cdda game. because if it is, CDDA games won't work with the multi game cd. i heard the game will boot, but without bg music. anyway on with the tutorial,

ok, u need to use the echelon selfboot method. now go to megagames.com/dc and download planetweb browser 2.6. put the cdi in isobuster and extract the files into the "data" folder. the data folder should look like this,

data/PWBROWSER/
data/1ST_READ.BIN
data/GINSU.INI
data/GINXFER.BIN

now create folders in the 'data' that will be the name of the game you want to boot from the browser. example: make a folder called MVC2 and CVS2 for marvel vs capcom and capcom vs snk 2 respectively. put all the files of those games in there folders, now the 'data' folder should look like so,

data/PWBROWSER/
data/1ST_READ.BIN
data/GINXFER.BIN
data/GINSU.INI
data/MVC2/
data/CVS2/

now you need an ip.bin. it doesn't matter where you get it just as long as it points to the 1st_read.bin. now put the 1st_read.bin of the data folder in the selfboot folder(up one level) BINHACK it to the correct lba which would either be 11700/11702. put the 1st_read.bin back in the data folder.

now heres the tricky part. the 4 bin files needed to boot MVC2/CVS2, are 1st_read.bin, maigo.bin, 2_dp.bin , and sg_dpldr.bin. if you burned these or any game with the echelon method and your burner always puts out an lba of either 11700 or 11702 after you burn the audio.raw session, then you don't need to binhack those files unless they have a different lba than 11700/11702.

if you have to binhack them, do so and put the files back in their game folders. now re-BINHACK the 1st_read.bin in the data folder.

now we have to edit the GINSU.INI file. open it up. don't mess with anything already there. instead, go to the bottom and put this in.

[MVC2]
Ginsu.Path =\MVC2
Ginsu.Command =\MVC2\1ST_READ.BIN
Ginsu.FirstGDDA =4

[CVS2]
Ginsu.Path = \CVS2
Ginsu.Command =\CVS2\!ST_READ.BIN
Ginsu.FirstGDDA =4

the name in the brackets is the name you want to execute.(more on that l8r.). the 'Path' is the game folder, and the "Command" is the boot file in the game folder which is the 1st_read.bin, i don't know what FirstGDDA is. i set mine to 4. it works fine. now save the file. if you want to access the in-game web browsers you also have to put that in the ginsu.ini. put some thing like,

[CVS2WB]
Ginsu.Path =\CVS2
Ginsu.Command =\CVS2\2_DP.BIN
Ginsu.FirstGDDA =4

do the same for mvc2 if you wish, except the web browser froze when i loaded it for mvc2.?? now save the file.

now we have to edit one of the html pages in the PWBROWSER.
open up DRMCST.HTML in notepad. delete the META lines at the top. scroll to the bottom after < /table>. we have to make links to the executables in the ginsu.ini file.
like so,

< a href="x-avefront://---.dream/exec/CVS2">capcom vs snk 2< /a>

of course without the spaces. see where it says CVS2? thats the name that appears in the brackets in the ginsu.ini file. do the same for the other games execs. make another link for MVC2 and if you made one for the web browser, CVS2WB. optionally, you could just type the x-avefront link in the url bar of the planetweb browser.

now you're set. burn the first audio session of your cd, make an ISO of the data folder, IPINS, and burn your 2nd session.
when its done, pop it in your DC and once it loads up to the main page, scroll down and click the link you made. if its all good, your game should load.

this doesn't work with CDDA games(game will boot, but without music) or emulators. if you find out how, let the world know.

-L8R

Last edited by hrb2k; 02-09-2003 at 20:57.
Old 01-09-2003, 18:10

hrb2k
ikaruga doesn't work so far.

Last edited by hrb2k; 02-09-2003 at 21:01.
Old 02-09-2003, 06:32
Banned

Drama!
Quote:
Originally posted by hrb2k
ikaruga doesn't work so far.
Not true. I have a CD with this boot method, including Giga Wing 2, Zero Gunner 2 and also Ikaruga.
Old 02-09-2003, 10:22

hrb2k
ok, i did some searching and found out that katana bins don't need to be unscrambled after all. they just need to be scrambled. just copy the files from your cd then binhack as usual.

Drama!, what did you do to ikaruga to get it to boot up? did you take the files from the cd after you burnt that large 773 MB cdi file?

i used cdirip/isofix to get the plain files(only 40 mb) the original cdi had 3 sessions with the 3rd session being the data track at 45000 lba. so i used hack3 to change it to 11702. burnt it to a cd normally without the ginsu. and it booted fine. but i tried to boot it with ginsu. it reset to the sega screen??? any help??
Old 02-09-2003, 19:22
Banned

Drama!
Quote:
Originally posted by hrb2k
Drama!, what did you do to ikaruga to get it to boot up? did you take the files from the cd after you burnt that large 773 MB cdi file?
Ive not make that 3 games compilation. I got it from Emu China. Never tried yet
Old 02-09-2003, 20:31

hrb2k
ok, i got ikaruga to boot with ginsu.

more small games,

chu chu rocket,
next tetris online
Old 04-09-2003, 06:35
Banned

Drama!
Chu Chu Rocket has CDDA. Sure it can plays without the music tracks...
Old 04-09-2003, 08:07

hrb2k
yeah, that's why i had another topic asking if i could boot cdda games without the cdda tracks.

but i won't test chu chu until i get fire pro booted.
Old 16-02-2004, 12:19

Hacker999
OK, I've been messing with this again but the game I just tried didn't boot (Dynamite Cop).

Also could you explain the following line?

BTW, I think Ginsu.FirstGDDA refers to the Digital Audio Track (Giga Disc Digital Audio). Maybe if you refer in the ini file where the first audio track starts for CDDA games the audio will play (just an idea).

Also, what's better to use for a multi game CD, this or Dream Passport 3?
Old 16-02-2004, 16:04

hrb2k
Quote:
Originally posted by Hacker999
OK, I've been messing with this again but the game I just tried didn't boot (Dynamite Cop).

Also could you explain the following line?

BTW, I think Ginsu.FirstGDDA refers to the Digital Audio Track (Giga Disc Digital Audio). Maybe if you refer in the ini file where the first audio track starts for CDDA games the audio will play (just an idea).

Also, what's better to use for a multi game CD, this or Dream Passport 3?

thats a link to launch the actual game. click the link to launch the game.

the FirstGDDA idea is correct. although i have never tried it. i don't like messing with cdda games. you could prolly set it to 1 if you first track is the start of the audio.

i havn't done much testing in a while since my dc died. i mostly used cdrws on it. i got a new dc, but i'm sticking to cd-r's. with pw, specific folders have to be in the root of the cd. specifically the wince folder if it is a wince game. with dream passport, you can put all games in their own folder. even wince games. just include the wince folder in the game folder. also a different command is use to launch the games,

x-avefront://---.dream/exec/launch/1

the number after 'launch' can be any number as long as you specify everything in the dp3.ini.
Old 16-02-2004, 18:48

Hacker999
Ok Thanks. Good to see I was on the right track. That sucks about your DC, I make sure never to alter mine to play CDRWs.

I am still a little lost on the link that launches the game. The browser starts up fine and the link is displayed, but when I click it the game does not boot (resets the DC). I looked to see that all the files are where they need to be, binhacked the binaries to the correct LBA, and made sure they were scrambled.

It has to be my link since it' the onl thing I'm not clear on. What is wrong with my link below?

<a href="x-avefront://---.dream/exec/Cop">Dynamite_Cop</a>

I named the Dynamite Cop directory "Cop" in case you're wondering.
Old 16-02-2004, 21:11

hrb2k
Quote:
Originally posted by Hacker999
Ok Thanks. Good to see I was on the right track. That sucks about your DC, I make sure never to alter mine to play CDRWs.

I am still a little lost on the link that launches the game. The browser starts up fine and the link is displayed, but when I click it the game does not boot (resets the DC). I looked to see that all the files are where they need to be, binhacked the binaries to the correct LBA, and made sure they were scrambled.

It has to be my link since it' the onl thing I'm not clear on. What is wrong with my link below?

<a href="x-avefront://---.dream/exec/Cop">Dynamite_Cop</a>

I named the Dynamite Cop directory "Cop" in case you're wondering.
the link it correct.
its most likely an lba problem. ......bootbins problem......or a folder specific problem.
how are you scrambling the bins? i hope you're not using another app.

what type of game is dynamite cop? katana, katanaCDDA, wince, or winceCDDA?

finally, what did you put in the ginsu.ini for that game?
Old 17-02-2004, 07:45

Hacker999
Well, let's see...

I scrambled the binaries using a little tool caled Scramble/Descramble.

Dynamite Cop has no sub-directories so that's not a problem.

It is a Katana game.

This is what I put in the ginsu.ini:

[Cop]
Ginsu.Path =\Cop
Ginsu.Command =\Cop\1ST_READ.BIN
Ginsu.FirstGDDA =4