Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games > PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions > Conversion Tutorials
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should installations compiled with Installer Creator be protected using methods.
Yes, I'd like all my installations to be protected. I don't want people to steal my ideas. 1 16.67%
No, I like to share my ideas because it may open new paths for other people. 5 83.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 27-08-2014, 15:30
pakrat2k2's Avatar
pakrat2k2 pakrat2k2 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,209
Thanks: 3,040
Thanked 9,043 Times in 3,086 Posts
pakrat2k2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor12911 View Post
i see, okay guys. this program is officially stopped, I think something or someone at my home sabotaged my computer, all the data is destoryed anf I don't think it can be recovered this time, hard drive makes noises as if the reading needle is not controlled anymore like it keeps hitting something inside. not really an expert when it comes to such things. Can data be restored?
I left my PC running overnight(was making a conversion) and woke up and hard drive was busted.
try putting the drive in external HD enclosure, then hook it up via USB. ( I used WUBI installer for Ubuntu V12.04, which you can install within windows ( hence WUBI ) and then once youre in Ubuntu, usually it can SEE
that HD, and potentially restore files from it to another HD )

Good Luck, cause from the sounds of it, the HD controller went & the noise is coming from the read heads hitting the centre spindle & resetting back to rest area. If it goes none stop, then it MAY not be possible to recover any data. There is also a website that sells new controller boards but you need an exact match to your Drive, when it was made & firmware version of onboard bios. Then it can be swapped out & maybe recover data from the damaged HD, but it still may not be recoverable. I have 2 HD that have done the exact same thing, I've lost ALL Original work for Conversions that I had saved templates for, some of which I may never recreate.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pakrat2k2 For This Useful Post:
Carldric Clement (30-08-2014), Razor12911 (27-08-2014), y_thelastknight (27-08-2014)
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 27-08-2014, 14:32
oltjon's Avatar
oltjon oltjon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: UNITED STATES OF ALBANIA
Posts: 218
Thanks: 1,132
Thanked 168 Times in 79 Posts
oltjon is on a distinguished road
or I'm sorry brother

and really bad luck
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oltjon For This Useful Post:
Carldric Clement (30-08-2014)
  #3  
Old 27-08-2014, 18:44
ekias642 ekias642 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: argentina
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
ekias642 is on a distinguished road
posiblemente, el cabezal de tu disco duro se halla dañado y dudo que puedas recuperar datos, deberias llevarlo a un laboratorio de recuperacion de datos, al igual que usted mi disco sufrio el mismo problema y mejor te recomiendo tengas 2 discos, principal y seguridad.

gracias hermano por tus proyectos y por compartirlos, yo te admiro y tengo mas proyectos que no he publicado y que los he logrado gracias a IC el cual has echo tu. gracias bro, espero sigas con tus proyectos si puedo colaborare con tutoriales.

proyectos, sonic and sega all start racing transformed, transformer war for cybertron, skyrim 5, shank 1.



possibly the head of your hard drive is damaged and I doubt you can recover data, you should take it to a lab data recovery, like you my album suffered the same problem and better I recommend you have 2 discs, main and safety.

brother thanks for sharing your projects and I admire you and I have more projects that I have not published that I have achieved through IC which have cast your. thanks bro, I hope to follow your projects if I can will work with tutorials.

projects, sonic and sega all start racing transformed, transformer war for cybertron, skyrim 5, shank 1.

Last edited by ekias642; 27-08-2014 at 18:58.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ekias642 For This Useful Post:
Carldric Clement (30-08-2014), Razor12911 (27-08-2014)
  #4  
Old 27-08-2014, 21:19
Razor12911's Avatar
Razor12911 Razor12911 is offline
Noob
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,773
Thanks: 2,195
Thanked 11,330 Times in 2,331 Posts
Razor12911 is on a distinguished road
ok thanks for the response bro. I understand I have to rebuild my PC from scratch hope I had money at the moment. I think I should consider making a donation link for Installer Creator.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Razor12911 For This Useful Post:
Carldric Clement (30-08-2014)
  #5  
Old 30-08-2014, 13:18
Razor12911's Avatar
Razor12911 Razor12911 is offline
Noob
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,773
Thanks: 2,195
Thanked 11,330 Times in 2,331 Posts
Razor12911 is on a distinguished road
Guys,I thought about it, It is either I get a laptop or a SSD, any suggestions?
As long I won't have data loss for the next 5 years.
I do have another hard drive to make my pc run but I don't want to take that chance, my computer is like a paper shredder but for components, somethinf just keeps of killing my components, I suspect my power supply. Motherboard, Processor and RAM are fine, I have a replacement for the hard drive, All the fingers just point at the power supply or the home power source of 240V(Alternating-Current), however the BIOs shows all Voltage is below what is required, like the 12V, what is it shows is 11.4V, 5V, shows 4.6V, the VCore is 3.3V but shows v2.9V, Power Supply's power is 450W, or maybe just by name I would rather think it is something like 300W.

Last edited by Razor12911; 30-08-2014 at 13:30.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Razor12911 For This Useful Post:
Carldric Clement (31-08-2014)
  #6  
Old 31-08-2014, 07:19
pakrat2k2's Avatar
pakrat2k2 pakrat2k2 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,209
Thanks: 3,040
Thanked 9,043 Times in 3,086 Posts
pakrat2k2 is on a distinguished road
Definitely the power supply, with todays components id say the least power source should be 650W. IF all other components are fine then just replace PS with a bigger one.
use your replacement HD, & if you have the money use the SSD to run your OS, will definitely speed up processes with the SSD, then use the replacement HD for all your other
stuff. I'd also suggest an external USB HD for backups ( something i'll have to do as well ).

Last edited by pakrat2k2; 31-08-2014 at 07:23.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pakrat2k2 For This Useful Post:
Razor12911 (01-09-2014), y_thelastknight (31-08-2014)
  #7  
Old 01-09-2014, 19:41
Grumpy's Avatar
Grumpy Grumpy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,695
Thanks: 1,256
Thanked 1,851 Times in 812 Posts
Grumpy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakrat2k2 View Post
I'd also suggest an external USB HD for backups.
Be careful trusting external drives, one decent bump or even worse drop it and it dies! If you have really important data, like photo's which cannot be replaced, then burn them to a decent brand DVD. DVD' s in my opinion are still the most reliable media.
__________________
Can't find a Game Conversion? Check the 'Conversion INDEX'
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Grumpy For This Useful Post:
pakrat2k2 (02-09-2014)
  #8  
Old 31-08-2014, 10:56
Razor12911's Avatar
Razor12911 Razor12911 is offline
Noob
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,773
Thanks: 2,195
Thanked 11,330 Times in 2,331 Posts
Razor12911 is on a distinguished road
there is something I don't get based on Power produced by a power supply, an increase in the power increases the current right? based on Physics... Since Voltage stays the same because of the 240V from the plugs, so the BIOs shows that Voltage is below normal it means the current is higher right? based on the formula P=IV. My question is, what destorys Components in a computer, is it Voltage or Current, Last time there were abnormalities in the power supply, I lost a Graphic card, It went on fire(like really on fire). Just need to prepare for something in case it happens again, or I just need to move out of the apartment I am living in at the moment, TV's power got messed up the other day as well. it just stopped working, Microware as well. Pretty much everything in the house dies, Microware was new and costed USD370.
Or I must take a volt reading using a voltmeter, maybe Socket volt is 300V or so, Just need to check.

Last edited by Razor12911; 31-08-2014 at 11:00.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Razor12911 For This Useful Post:
Carldric Clement (31-08-2014)
  #9  
Old 01-09-2014, 02:29
skype123 skype123 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: U
Posts: 67
Thanks: 23
Thanked 34 Times in 20 Posts
skype123 is on a distinguished road
dude, check your house wiring. your electricity is messed up.
get a laptop, but dont get it stolen.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skype123 For This Useful Post:
Razor12911 (01-09-2014)
  #10  
Old 09-09-2014, 10:03
nitrogen blaze nitrogen blaze is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 15
Thanks: 11
Thanked 16 Times in 9 Posts
nitrogen blaze is on a distinguished road
MAn on the 2.7 beta crashes when I build the exe w8 x86 fix and make it stable
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-09-2014, 10:07
Carldric Clement's Avatar
Carldric Clement Carldric Clement is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Toboh, Sabah, Malaysia
Posts: 599
Thanks: 603
Thanked 660 Times in 234 Posts
Carldric Clement is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogen blaze View Post
MAn on the 2.7 beta crashes when I build the exe w8 x86 fix and make it stable
Here the Tutorial!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-09-2014, 10:29
skype123 skype123 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: U
Posts: 67
Thanks: 23
Thanked 34 Times in 20 Posts
skype123 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogen blaze View Post
MAn on the 2.7 beta crashes when I build the exe w8 x86 fix and make it stable
The process of IC is currently stoped, so no fixes or anything else will be done.
are you simply crashing or is the setup not working?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-09-2014, 08:03
Razor12911's Avatar
Razor12911 Razor12911 is offline
Noob
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,773
Thanks: 2,195
Thanked 11,330 Times in 2,331 Posts
Razor12911 is on a distinguished road
only thing that can make errors like that are basically you incorrectly configuring the program. the program itself can only have errors whwn closing but installer, can only have concerning gdiplus.dll if you have messed images or incorrect resolution when setting image. isdone can have errors as well if you have damaged archives. those are the errors that can cauae errors on installer creator.
when you compare v2.5.1 and v2.7 beta, they are just the same, I made improvements without testing the program, just check changelog that is the only difference.
ifyou have problems in v2.7 then use v2.5
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 13-09-2014, 16:32
Razor12911's Avatar
Razor12911 Razor12911 is offline
Noob
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,773
Thanks: 2,195
Thanked 11,330 Times in 2,331 Posts
Razor12911 is on a distinguished road
Ok, Guys, I just recovered the Installer Creator v2.7 Beta 3 Source code so I decided to share it.

You will need RAD Studio Delphi(XE3 is recommended)
You will need Inno Setup Enhanced Edition 2 Unicode v5.5.1

So if you have a problem, edit source yourself.

Last edited by Razor12911; 13-09-2014 at 17:11.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Razor12911 For This Useful Post:
arkantos7 (14-09-2014), Carldric Clement (13-09-2014)
  #15  
Old 18-09-2014, 15:52
Carldric Clement's Avatar
Carldric Clement Carldric Clement is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Toboh, Sabah, Malaysia
Posts: 599
Thanks: 603
Thanked 660 Times in 234 Posts
Carldric Clement is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor12911 View Post
Ok, Guys, I just recovered the Installer Creator v2.7 Beta 3 Source code so I decided to share it.

You will need RAD Studio Delphi(XE3 is recommended)
You will need Inno Setup Enhanced Edition 2 Unicode v5.5.1

So if you have a problem, edit source yourself.
Thanks Razor12911!
But, I have installed from my pc is:
Code:
RAD Studio Delphi XE3
Inno Setup Enhanced Edition 2 Unicode v5.5.1
Where i want to create start it Razor12911?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
INDEX - Conversion Tutorial Index Razor12911 Conversion Tutorials 5 11-06-2020 02:05
Source Code: Conversion Converter Razor12911 Conversion Tutorials 66 31-03-2018 18:53
Preview: Conversion Tool for Advanced Setup Creator Razor12911 Conversion Tutorials 6 10-05-2017 00:30
Simple Conversion Help akarikk Conversion Tutorials 4 09-11-2014 14:21



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com