|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
And wohooo! Still waiting new TAK release (v2.3.4 or v2.4 or v3.0?) from last months the 2026 years. Thomas Becker coming soon releasing in new version! Compression ratios hopefully 1-5% better than last and release it first 64bit editions! Many updating from MSC v0.0.6.5a2 stiil needed, include decoder library. (Updating cls-msc.dll file.) Will Edison007 update the MSC if that happens? (Releasing v0.0.6.5a3 with TAK 2.3.3 and/or v0.0.6.6 with TAK v3.0) Or should we wait for ProFrager? |
| Sponsored Links |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
1. Tbh you have already answered your own question.
2. We don't know. One have to see the full error log 3. MTX, PMT, STDIO (will be replaced by this in next DSG version), STD = default/standard version of RAZOR compressor.
__________________
Haters gonna hate
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to KaktoR For This Useful Post: | ||
Razer-785 (09-06-2026) | ||
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Any ETA on the next version of DSG?
__________________
“Freedom is more important than safety.” |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
I need some help. Let's say I have the original game in ISO format. I install it in a folder on my desktop, and now I have all the game files. Then I update those files so the game is fully up to date. After that, I repack everything using DiskSpan GUI, compile an installer, and create a new ISO with DiskSpan GUI. Would that work, or not?
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
(yes it would work) |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
I've been lurking here for quite some time now but there are still some questions I haven't managed to find answers to so I think it's time I ask away.
When does it make sense to use multiple compressions? Are there any known file type and/or compression combinations which lead to better ratios (i.e. X files compressed with algorithm Y can be then further compressed with algorithm Z)? Or is it always a trial and error matter? Are there any tools for finding the best compression algorithm for unknown file types? |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
You can use xtoolui for this purpose with "skip verifiation" option enabled. Then go through all codecs. Second step is to find out exact settings and library used for the method if you found something.
__________________
Haters gonna hate
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to KaktoR For This Useful Post: | ||
2obd1bs1 (31-08-2026) | ||
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Not newbie but I have to ask this here.
Is there a way to deal with wwise (opus)? Samples attached. This is from Wither 3 Remastered.
__________________
Haters gonna hate
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
You can decode those files into a playable .wav format using vgmstream-cli:
https://github.com/vgmstream/vgmstream/releases/latest This will make the files processable by traditional .wav tools (tak, wavpack, optimfrog) but you will get negative ratio. Probably best to just use rz. |
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
^^
use the attached ww2ogg to get opus and then use balrogg on top. ratio isnt that great compared to ogg Code:
> .\ww2ogg.exe -o .\000000001593F09D_wwise.opus .\000000001593F09D_wwise.raw Audiokinetic Wwise RIFF/RIFX Vorbis to Ogg Vorbis converter 0.24 by hcs Input: .\000000001593F09D_wwise.raw RIFF WAVE Wwise Opus, 2 channel(s), 48000 Hz Output: .\000000001593F09D_wwise.opus Done! Code:
> .\balrogg-x86_64.exe e -p --no-mmap .\000000001593F09D_wwise.opus .\000000001593F09D_wwise.opus.blr balrogg: .\000000001593F09D_wwise.opus: encoding [####################] 100% Code:
> hdiffz .\000000001593F09D_wwise.opus .\000000001593F09D_wwise.raw 1.diff old : ".\000000001593F09D_wwise.opus" new : ".\000000001593F09D_wwise.raw" out : "1.diff" oldDataSize : 310061 newDataSize : 287420 diffDataSize: 5198 diff time: 0.011 s diff + blr -> 273kb (-2.5%) |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thanks guys.
__________________
Haters gonna hate
Last edited by KaktoR; 30-09-2026 at 02:17. |
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| newbie question | bigorangekitty | PS2 Games | 5 | 15-05-2002 16:51 |
| Total newbie...dumb question...patience please! | xxxMikexxx | PC Games | 1 | 02-04-2002 23:19 |
| newbie question | troi22 | PS2 Games | 1 | 28-02-2002 03:18 |
| newbie PAL patch question for Pro Evolution | Purple Cowboy | PS2 Games | 2 | 19-02-2002 12:39 |
| Newbie question...how do I know if the game I've downloaded is Autoboot or not? | konichiwa | DC Games | 1 | 23-11-2000 20:35 |