Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games > PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 23-06-2011, 03:31
Onizuka87k's Avatar
Onizuka87k Onizuka87k is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 96
Thanks: 31
Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts
Onizuka87k is on a distinguished road
I understand the error! The main problem is peterf1999 has the complete collection (which includes Alice1) while my version is the standard retail without Alice1.

The main differences are:
- Support\Alice Madness Returns_code.exe and not "Alice Madness Returns The Complete Collection_code.exe" (the same with uninstaller)
- in the localization.ini file:
For standard version:
Quote:
game=Alice Madness Returns
For complete collection:
Quote:
game=Alice Madness Returns The Complete Collection

edit: this fu**ing game doesn't want work! Here is my version:
Quote:
Alice Madness Returns_code.exe
Alice Madness Returns_uninst.exe
In localization.ini:
Quote:
game=Alice Madness Returns
The root and the support folder's:



Start autorun -> Select Install -> Put my serial -> When i press Next the error appears:


another question:
autorun.dat modified by peterf1999 is 2,64 MB (2.775.552 byte).
Why if i open it, make nothing, save with another name the new file is about 1,03 MB (1.085.440 byte)? (and obviously seems to have some problem?)
I have Orca 5.0.6764.0.

Peterf1999, here is my autorun.dat, can you look at it? I tried to modify it as you did in your but i always got an error (after run EASetup.exe)
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: 7z autorun.7z (697.5 KB, 74 views)

Last edited by Onizuka87k; 23-06-2011 at 14:49.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 23-06-2011, 22:20
pakrat2k2's Avatar
pakrat2k2 pakrat2k2 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,209
Thanks: 3,040
Thanked 9,043 Times in 3,086 Posts
pakrat2k2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka87k View Post
I understand the error! The main problem is peterf1999 has the complete collection (which includes Alice1) while my version is the standard retail without Alice1.
I added the missing lines from peters autorun.dat, to yours, so that it will use files from your version & not the complete collection ( from peter's). I looked thru both autorun.dat files and tried to spot any other changes but didnt see anymore. And did your replace the easetup file from peters post #2 as well ?

Try it out with your version & see if it works. please post back if it worked or not.

Also im wondering IF you need to delete ALL foreign language files from ALL folders in installed game, before compressing with freearc?
Attached Files
File Type: rar autorun-modified.rar (742.3 KB, 137 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24-06-2011, 04:04
Onizuka87k's Avatar
Onizuka87k Onizuka87k is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 96
Thanks: 31
Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts
Onizuka87k is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakrat2k2 View Post
I added the missing lines from peters autorun.dat, to yours, so that it will use files from your version & not the complete collection ( from peter's). I looked thru both autorun.dat files and tried to spot any other changes but didnt see anymore. And did your replace the easetup file from peters post #2 as well ?

Try it out with your version & see if it works. please post back if it worked or not.

Also im wondering IF you need to delete ALL foreign language files from ALL folders in installed game, before compressing with freearc?
Thanks you pakrat2k2, the autorun.dat now seems works fine, i can run now the installer without error. Anyway it ask me for a Group10.cab's file that is present in Group10.cab dummy files!!!!! I think in autorun.dat you should copy also the Files table from peter's one. I tried to do it by myself (just delete the rows) with orca but i always got an error when i try to run the installer.

Yes, i'm using the EASetup mod by Peterf1999!

I deleted all foreign language from all folders in installed game and the compress the Alice2 folder with freearc.

Thanks for the help guys

Last edited by Onizuka87k; 24-06-2011 at 05:22.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24-06-2011, 11:02
pakrat2k2's Avatar
pakrat2k2 pakrat2k2 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,209
Thanks: 3,040
Thanked 9,043 Times in 3,086 Posts
pakrat2k2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka87k View Post
I think in autorun.dat you should copy also the Files table from peter's one. I tried to do it by myself (just delete the rows) with orca but i always got an error when i try to run the installer.

I deleted all foreign language from all folders in installed game and the compress the Alice2 folder with freearc.
Cant copy over the files table from peter's, then the filenames wont match.
What is the size of the arc file after compressing alice2 folder? ( mine's 4.47GB ?? way too big for 1 dvd5, Ive deleted all other language files from all folders )
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 25-06-2011, 08:16
Onizuka87k's Avatar
Onizuka87k Onizuka87k is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 96
Thanks: 31
Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts
Onizuka87k is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakrat2k2 View Post
Cant copy over the files table from peter's, then the filenames wont match.
What is the size of the arc file after compressing alice2 folder? ( mine's 4.47GB ?? way too big for 1 dvd5, Ive deleted all other language files from all folders )
Yes, mine too is too big to fit a single DVD5 even deleting all foreign languages' files. I just resampled 5 bik files to their 80% and now my .arc file is about 4,22GB.
My problem is always the installer error, I haven't managed to fix it yet!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24-06-2011, 05:56
lukas1412 lukas1412 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lukas1412 is on a distinguished road
I have my problem AMR arc size is 4.30 megabytes (4,619,218,899 bytes)
so it will not fit on a DVD5 and What is the right size AMR_arc?

I deleted all foreign the languages ​​so I only have 1 language

english version

Last edited by lukas1412; 24-06-2011 at 06:31.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-07-2011, 04:41
elbubi's Avatar
elbubi elbubi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rosario, Argentina
Posts: 247
Thanks: 211
Thanked 45 Times in 41 Posts
elbubi is on a distinguished road
Thanks Senseman and Peterf!!!

Tried 1xdvd and worked great!!! Only thing I had to change was to compress "Game" folder instead of "Alice2" one, in order to the installer to place the files properly (made ang Eng+Spa conversion using "ultra" preset, and replaced "game" root foolder with dummy files, final size 4459mb)

Thanks again!!! =D
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-08-2011, 07:25
kingennio kingennio is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: italy
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
kingennio is on a distinguished road
help!

the dvd version I have has a " _Installer" end "Game" folders. The 1st contains "DISK1", which contains the cabs and the rest, while "Game" contains alice1 and alice2 content. My cabs files are all 1KB, that means the game is not compressed. If I follow the instructions I get a Disc1 size 1.4GB, while Disc2 size 7.5GB!!! That's because AliceGame is huge and is supposed to be put in Disc2.
Perhaps I misunderstand the instructions, it says "2. Extract both dvd contents to Disc1" but here we have one dvd9, no? Also, how come my original DVD9 doesn't have atorun.inf, etc. at the root level, they are in _Installer\DISK1, do I have a defective version?
Thanks for any help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseman View Post
Alice Madness Returns DVD9 to 2xDVD5

Install Sequence: DVD1-DVD2


2. Extract both dvd contents to Disc1



Last edited by kingennio; 01-08-2011 at 07:30.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-08-2011, 08:31
KillerOh's Avatar
KillerOh KillerOh is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brazil
Posts: 77
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
KillerOh is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb There's no light in the end of the tunnel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingennio View Post
the dvd version I have has a " _Installer" end "Game" folders. The 1st contains "DISK1", which contains the cabs and the rest, while "Game" contains alice1 and alice2 content. My cabs files are all 1KB, that means the game is not compressed. If I follow the instructions I get a Disc1 size 1.4GB, while Disc2 size 7.5GB!!! That's because AliceGame is huge and is supposed to be put in Disc2.
Perhaps I misunderstand the instructions, it says "2. Extract both dvd contents to Disc1" but here we have one dvd9, no? Also, how come my original DVD9 doesn't have atorun.inf, etc. at the root level, they are in _Installer\DISK1, do I have a defective version?
Thanks for any help!
No. It means its the "CloneDVD" version. Already saw these ones (Along with "Reloaded-with-the-full-game-in-a-huge@$$-zipped-crack" and "Skidrow-repacked-with-simple-innosetup-installer" ones) with a friend sometime ago. Way to go against piracy, EA!


BTW, you can "re-build" the CAB files with the game files so you can rebuild the DVD9 like it should be. But how you'll do that (Guess what) it's up to you. Not to mention you still need to know how many files are "external" among all the game files. No lucky day for you right?


BTW again... The "American McGee's Alice" that comes with Madness returns... Is it included with the installer or do we must download it (Like a DLC) after?
(Yep, I don't have the game. The damned shops of my city already have "budget versions" of Assassin's Creed and console editions of Duke Nukem Forever, but nothing about Alice Madness Returns. So no, I haven't tested the conversions myself...)

Last edited by KillerOh; 01-08-2011 at 08:35.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-08-2011, 09:12
pakrat2k2's Avatar
pakrat2k2 pakrat2k2 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,209
Thanks: 3,040
Thanked 9,043 Times in 3,086 Posts
pakrat2k2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerOh View Post
BTW again... The "American McGee's Alice" that comes with Madness returns... Is it included with the installer or do we must download it (Like a DLC) after?
It's included from one of the main menu options, you can choose to play the first &/or second alice game. Nothing the download.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 22-01-2014, 15:22
NSCXP2005 NSCXP2005 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 98
Thanks: 75
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
NSCXP2005 is on a distinguished road
Hi peterf1999,

I wonder if you could advise me how to get the complete collection on to 1xDVD5.

Would you be able to let me know what settings I would need to use in FreeARC?

Also would I need to compress the Alice1 folder?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
INDEX - CD2DVD Conversion Index **UPDATED: 17-07-2024** Grumpy PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions 252 16-07-2024 20:35
Medal of Honor DVD9 to 2xDVD5 senseman PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions 21 15-12-2014 00:09
Crysis 2 DVD9 to 2xDVD5 senseman PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions 105 28-10-2014 08:42
BlazBlue - Calamity Trigger (DVD9 -> 2xDVD5) yener90 PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions 8 24-10-2011 16:19



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 16:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com