|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
I need some help. Let's say I have the original game in ISO format from CODEX. I install the game in a folder on my desktop(example :Outlast 2) and now I have all the game files. Then I update those files so the game is fully up to date. After that, I repack everything using DiskSpan GUI, compile an installer with Autoruns.ini, and create a new ISO with DiskSpan GUI. Would that work, or not? Because I feel like i'm missing something.
|
| Sponsored Links |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
That's how it works.
You can even use Diskspan_GUI.exe to extract the files if you don't want an installer.
__________________
Haters gonna hate
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Updated compatible installers Black Box Script (BBS) and CODEX Installer Script (CIS) on post #3
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to Cesar82 For This Useful Post: | ||
Razer-785 (06-07-2026) | ||
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Hello everyone,
I'm trying to create a hands-off, batch-mode workflow for a significant collection of PS3 ISOs. While I discovered the CHD format years ago, I've only recently fallen down the rabbit hole of modern advanced compression methods. Over the last week, I’ve been developing a PowerShell v7 script designed to scan a directory, intelligently group/move similar multi-region ISOs into their own folders (e.g., Bejeweled 3 [BLES01601] [BLUS30865]), and process them. I quickly found that tools like SREP are remarkably effective here due to the highly repeated assets found in multi-language regional releases. However, despite my script coming along nicely, I hit a massive wall. No matter what profile or options I tried in Mini Compressor, I could never get a clean, error-free extraction of the PS3 ISO Afrika (BLUS30399). After testing almost every profile (including mxx) on a clean installation, the extraction failures were always predictable rather than random—breaking at specific offsets depending on the settings. It became clear that Mini Compressor just doesn't agree with that specific image format. Fortunately, after searching the forum, I discovered DiskSpan 2, and every profile I've tested on it works completely out of the box with zero extraction errors. The New Dilemma: Batch Processing & Cryptic CLI Commands Now I’m facing a structural hurdle. As great as DiskSpan 2's GUI is, it is built around a single-task-at-a-time workflow, and I can't find a native batch-processing mode. Because my end goal is to automate this entirely through my PowerShell script, I've been trying to inspect the underlying commands. However, snippets like these are proving quite cryptic to decipher: commands that i have found from my investigation for example " Quote:
Quote:
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
If you only want to use srep without anything else, I suggest to use ADDeX instead.
Batch cmd could be as follow To encode the file you can use this (check out other options aswell) Code:
ADDeX.exe -m1 "input.iso" "input.output" Code:
ADDeX.exe -d "input.output" "input.original" Edit: Example Windows 11 ISO Code:
ADDeX.exe -m1 "Win.11.AiO.28000.1719.iso" "Win.11.AiO.28000.1719.output" ADDeX -m1 done: 100% matches=28518 Compressed -m1 7737972736 -> 6191517568 (80%) in 80,99 s Estimated peak decompression RAM: 852 MB Code:
ADDeX.exe -d "Win.11.AiO.28000.1719.output" "Win.11.AiO.28000.1719.original"
__________________
Haters gonna hate
Last edited by KaktoR; 02-09-2026 at 21:38. |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hi! Is there a way I can help contribute to the development of this tool?
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Testing should be enough. If you have anything other to contribute let me know.
__________________
Haters gonna hate
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Load preset from database.
Use only if you want to test. Don't expect everything works out of the box. Make backup of game files first. Edit: Testing without wwise extraction works fine. Code:
08:18:41 - Selected ARC/DS method for Data1a-01.bin was: xtool:mcr:dd3:l10,d128mb 08:18:41 - Selected ARC/DS method for Data1b-01.bin was: xtool:dd3:l10,d128mb 08:18:41 - Selected ARC/DS method for Data1c-01.bin was: xtool:lm:c1536mb:mbik:mbk2:df20p --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 11:27:01 - Overall game size: 104,52 GB 11:27:01 - Overall input size: 105,98 GB 11:27:01 - Overall output size: 71,90 GB (Processed ratio 67.84%) (Ratio 68.79%) Code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Creating Data1a-01.bin file, Please Wait... ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Executing external file (Call Before 1a)... Creating xtool plugin database... bms2xtool is created by Razor12911 Database created successfully! FreeArc 0.67 (March 15 2014) creating archive: Conversion_Output\Data1a-01.bin Compressed 102 files, 111,797,268,620 => 75,673,522,646 bytes. Ratio 67.69% Compression time: cpu 131.94 sec/real 10009.87 sec = 1%. Speed 11.17 mB/s All OK ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Creating Data1b-01.bin file, Please Wait... ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FreeArc 0.67 (March 15 2014) creating archive: Conversion_Output\Data1b-01.bin Compressed 216 files, 430,262,469 => 128,786,817 bytes. Ratio 29.93% Compression time: cpu 0.36 sec/real 29.93 sec = 1%. Speed 14.38 mB/s All OK ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Creating Data1c-01.bin file, Please Wait... ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FreeArc 0.67 (March 15 2014) creating archive: Conversion_Output\Data1c-01.bin Compressed 245 files, 1,570,682,660 => 1,397,388,042 bytes. Ratio 88.97% Compression time: cpu 1.55 sec/real 122.84 sec = 1%. Speed 12.79 mB/s All OK Executing external file (Call After 1c)... Someone test with wwise extraction because I won't do it.
__________________
Haters gonna hate
Last edited by KaktoR; 29-09-2026 at 03:40. |
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Replace the files with attachment and in DSG go to developer mode -> database -> load the game from the list.
After you choose game directory follow instructions in cmd window.
__________________
Haters gonna hate
|
|
#11
|
|||
|
|||
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Exactly what I thought. Thanks.
Arbort the process. Copy backup files back before and delete all folders with *_extract in name in game folder + *.xtl files (there are 2 in game folder). Then do it without wwise extraction and it should work.
__________________
Haters gonna hate
|
|
#13
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Try it without performing the extraction process using Wwise (as you did previously); the result was as shown below. I wonder if a better result can be achieved, or if the transfer issue should be resolved in a different way? Should any adjustments be made to ensure there are no problems during the subsequent restoration? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------- CONVERSION DATE 2026.09.30 -------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 07:32:53 - You have chosen the unlimited type for the output size. 07:32:53 - ISO images will not be created when conversion is complete. 07:32:53 - The computer will remain on when the conversion is complete. 07:32:53 - Selected ARC/DS method for Data1a-01.bin was: xtool:mcr:dd3:l10,d128mb 07:32:53 - Selected ARC/DS method for Data1b-01.bin was: xtool:dd3:l10,d128mb 07:32:53 - Selected ARC/DS method for Data1c-01.bin was: xtool:lm:c1536mb:mbik:mbk2:df20p -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 07:32:55 - Compression initialized in 30.09.2026 at 07:32:55. 07:32:55 - Executing external file (Call Before 1a)... 07:35:23 - Starting Data1a-01.bin archive creation. 08:27:49 - Moving Data1a-01.bin file to media folder. 08:27:50 - Starting Data1b-01.bin archive creation. 08:28:00 - Moving Data1b-01.bin file to media folder. 08:28:00 - Executing external file (Call After 1b)... 08:28:01 - Starting Data1c-01.bin archive creation. 08:28:01 - Moving Data1c-01.bin file to media folder. 08:28:01 - Compression finished in 30.09.2026 at 08:28:01. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 08:28:02 - Getting size of the game: Control Resonant 08:28:02 - » Game folder size: 104,50 GB 08:28:02 - » Processed folder size: 104,50 GB 08:28:02 - » Data1a-01.bin file size: 71,94 GB 08:28:02 - » Data1b-01.bin file size: 104,46 MB 08:28:02 - » Data1c-01.bin file size: 264 BY 08:28:02 - » Compressed game size: 72,04 GB (Processed ratio 68.94%) (Ratio 68.94%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 08:28:02 - Overall game size: 104,50 GB 08:28:02 - Overall input size: 104,50 GB 08:28:02 - Overall output size: 72,04 GB (Processed ratio 68.94%) (Ratio 68.94%) 08:28:02 - Overall conversion time: 00:55:06 08:28:02 - Overall conversion media: 1 custom media -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- |
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
2. Using lolz instead of flzma2. After DSG is finished you should have original data again. On the beginning of the process if you choose Y in cmd window, notepad opens and shows you what you need to get the original data back if you use any Setup.exe installer like CIU or ASIS. Just make sure the installer you use can execute batch files on last step. You can make this manually aswell after installation by simply replace all "{app}" with "./" (not / but the other one, this forum does not allow the other slash character) and save it as .bat file in game root folder and execute this after installing with installer.
__________________
Haters gonna hate
Last edited by KaktoR; 30-09-2026 at 01:41. |
|
#15
|
|||
|
|||
|
A little question.
How to create multiple small data.bins on ONE SINGLE DISK, instead one big one? Maybe I doing something wrong but the end result always is multiple data.bins split to few DISKs intead all of the be on one DISK. ![]()
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| cls-diskspan, compressor, diskspan, diskspan_gui |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| How to use diskspan bat | mausschieber | Conversion Tutorials | 13 | 14-01-2026 19:20 |
| DiskSpan on Linux | hydefromt70s | Conversion Tutorials | 1 | 15-10-2020 07:12 |
| DiskSpan FreeArc returns an error | Titeuf | Conversion Tutorials | 2 | 18-07-2020 01:46 |
| CIU 3.0.0.0.u3 (2019-03-28) - Diskspan Issues | mesut28 | Conversion Tutorials | 17 | 30-03-2019 02:28 |
| R.G. Gamers DiskSpan | Simorq | Conversion Tutorials | 1 | 28-10-2017 08:22 |