Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > Sony PlayStation > PS2 Games

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 11-01-2002, 16:49
Charlie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
kinkladze (11-01-2002 16:26):
Ok read thru all the back posts and I'm none the wiser for any of it.
Basically I have a Pal ps2 (ver 2) i think

I boot using modchip 2 (might be later not sure how to find out)
I use DVD region X (also have accsess to Xtreme fm)
Basically without going over the top moneywise can I boot a DVDR ?
I understand I need an orginal DVD with a large table of contents.

Sadly I dont own one I want to run backups of FFX and MGS2 would a ps2 magazine cover DVD work ? if so how do you find out how big the TOC is from the disc?. or should I purchase devil may cry (decent game anyway would be a good excuse to buy it)

I'm really frustrated by all this why cant it be simple.
so if any of that makes sense
to summarise

A) Can I boot a DVDR with my current setup ?
ANSWER: Don't know. We have to know your modchip. To try, get DMC original as mooted, a DVD-R from somewhere and use the boot method described at ####://www.psxcopyworld.co.uk or ####://www.ps2ownz.com If it boots then likely you've got a Neo2.x and that's good. I presume you boot CD games ok? How do you boot EA games?


B) If not where do I need to be ?
ANSWER: Either with a Messiah Clone or Origachip for PAL

C) Whats the boot method I should employ
ANSWER: As per (A) above or dependent on where you go if you get another modchip

Many thanks to anyone who can help
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com