Go Back   FileForums > Games > General Gaming

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #17  
Old 05-10-2026, 22:49
3dmodelingmodest 3dmodelingmodest is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2026
Location: Philippines
Posts: 14
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
3dmodelingmodest is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Forster/STA View Post
(You have to unpack all eight .dat files!)

There's nothing more in the .dat files than the files my little tool can extract from them. I can load the extracted .mesh files into OGRE mesh viewer or Ogre Meshy and see the 3D models, including Kirby and his sidekick.

The GZIPs were false detection, there's no GZIP-compressed data in the .dat files. The compression algorithm of PNG pictures and GZIP archives is similar ("deflate", a derivative of LZ77) but that doesn't make PNG pictures special cases of GZIP.
Unless I did something wrong on my end, I'll try again to be sure! What I did was dragging the DAT to your tool where it extracts the DAT. a black screen appeared and it did extract but why I am only getting MESHs of the background and not the characters doesn't make sense to me? That's why I am going to try again and if I am not getting character models from this I might ask you to try sending them to me instead? I think that should do! Let me know if you can send me the character models you got from your extracting if your tool didn't work for me. Just send yours over to me and I'll take a look what you got! 👍

Last edited by 3dmodelingmodest; 05-10-2026 at 22:50. Reason: Just send me the MESH files of the characters you got instead. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbie Question Thread Masquerade Conversion Tutorials 343 30-09-2026 01:57
Game files integrity check - XHash Library BLACKFIRE69 Conversion Tutorials 25 21-06-2026 05:32
How to patch languages out of game files (xtool erase decode) KaktoR Conversion Tutorials 5 01-11-2022 08:54
Ultimate Conversion Compressor (UCC) vollachr Conversion Tutorials 55 26-04-2021 09:27
How to convert DC *.ADX sound files back to one *.AFS sound file? CRANKYfranky DC Games 11 06-12-2010 11:12



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 14:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com