Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games > PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions > Conversion Tutorials

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-05-2023, 09:22
L33THAK0R's Avatar
L33THAK0R L33THAK0R is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 406
Thanks: 138
Thanked 119 Times in 70 Posts
L33THAK0R is on a distinguished road
How to rip compressed assets, when only having the decompressed assets?

Currently I'm taking a swing at the various Quantic Dreams titles that were given a proper PC release, however I've run into a bit of a roadblock. The archives for these titles are only compressed with a basic zlib/deflate algorithm, with XTool being able to process the vast majority of streams.

Unfortunately unlike every other title I've worked on, even the localised Vorbis audio is compressed within these archives, leaving me stumped on how to rip it to make the various localised packs into selective offerings.

Currently the only method I could think to exploit was decompressing the archives as a singular block with XTool, blanking out the offending data and then try and restore the block, however, as I feared I was only met with decompression errors and was unsuccessful.

I should mention I the QuickBMS scripts for Quantic Dream titles doesn't work at all with any of the PC ports that I tested, making for scanning compressed blocks with QuickBMS currently not possible.

Has anyone had a similar problem, and if so would such an individual be willing to share their solution, I'd greatly appreciate it, these blasted titles are doing nothing but keeping me awake at night!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Games Are For Kids JoyBoy Chit Chat 83 16-11-2021 14:28
CorePack Compression methods ? Help ramazan19833 Conversion Tutorials 34 09-08-2018 06:51
i got the email in the mail about copying ps2 games EVOEvo PS2 Games 7 21-11-2003 07:56
Self-booting games on an older Japanese DC? Named DC Games 1 26-09-2003 17:48
Having Problems Burning Numerous *Recent* Games....Help is Appreciated Protosstic PSX Games 2 15-01-2002 21:27



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com