Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games > PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions > Conversion Tutorials

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15-06-2020, 01:21
Masquerade Masquerade is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Monte d'Or
Posts: 1,221
Thanks: 297
Thanked 1,410 Times in 637 Posts
Masquerade is on a distinguished road
Hello panker1992, I hope my mess of oodlerec hasn't offended you or your favourite game

I do not know what you mean by "go sfk style" - I saw in your Resident Evil 3 Remake conversion that is some kind of patching tool. I hope you don't mind if I ask which files contain which blocks?

Will this result in a CRC perfect installation (when compared with retail build)?

Thank you.

Last edited by Masquerade; 15-06-2020 at 01:43.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 15-06-2020, 02:11
panker1992's Avatar
panker1992 panker1992 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Always Somewhere
Posts: 583
Thanks: 121
Thanked 931 Times in 333 Posts
panker1992 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade View Post
Hello panker1992, I hope my mess of oodlerec hasn't offended you or your favourite game

I do not know what you mean by "go sfk style" - I saw in your Resident Evil 3 Remake conversion that is some kind of patching tool. I hope you don't mind if I ask which files contain which blocks?

Will this result in a CRC perfect installation (when compared with retail build)?

Thank you.

Let me answer your questions one by one.

Fitgirl went sfk style first and she manages to keep crc the same.
it Separates data in large archives and it makes lolz ridiculously fast and efficient. in some options it completely removes data... foreign languages you dont need.


the above blocks i removed result in all languages being removed and you get to keep what you want from folder "sound" of the game.

Data1.bdh has the entire folder named sound compressed in it, by removing the data you wont miss anything but a bad crc. you can even repatch it after to get it perfect crc match.

another example: DMC5 has a 32GB file which contains 10GB of movies and sounds.

if you sfk remove the 10GB of high entropy low compressability of stuff you will feed lolzi with pure textures and get high compressed file and very good speed.



In order to remove the data from the blocks above you need hex editor or convert them in decimal and use sfk, then zero them out and patch them back into position as shown in re3.
its only 7 blocks so use hex editor it will fast

Using a xdelta or zstd patch or bsdiff is a bad idea since you know what blocks to remove/inject.
__________________
My projects : Masked Compression, lzma2(xz) on Freearc, Zstd compressor for windows
My optimizations : packjpg.exe, zstd, lzham, precomp-dev-0.45.

Last edited by panker1992; 15-06-2020 at 02:14.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to panker1992 For This Useful Post:
Masquerade (15-06-2020)
  #3  
Old 15-06-2020, 02:39
Masquerade Masquerade is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Monte d'Or
Posts: 1,221
Thanks: 297
Thanked 1,410 Times in 637 Posts
Masquerade is on a distinguished road
Thank you for the explanation.

I'm following slightly, here's what I understand:

Data1.bdh contains the sound folder, so you can use sfk to remove it (effectively removing the duplicated data) then after installing you can patch the sound folder back in by using sfk again.

Quote:
In order to remove the data from the blocks above you need hex editor or convert them in decimal and use sfk, then zero them out and patch them back into position as shown in re3.
So from this I gather that in the hex editor, it will show address "17f332aa" and then you go to address "1b898ca9" and replace all of the data between these 2 addresses with 0s so that it essentially becomes empty - leading to a deduplicated file with more efficient compression - yes?

Quote:
its only 7 blocks so use hex editor it will fast
Are all of these blocks in Data1.bdh or are they scattered over the 5 data files?

Quote:
Using a xdelta or zstd patch or bsdiff is a bad idea since you know what blocks to remove/inject.
So If you didn't know what parts of a file to remove and reinject, how would xdelta help? I thought xdelta can only create a patch based on an old file and a new file (by creating a patch with changed data betweeen the 2) - this part confuses me, because how will you be able to know which part of the file to remove?

I see the method would be create an xdelta patch using the modified, smaller file, and the original file then apply it after installing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Test: Universal Oodle stream scanner Razor12911 Conversion Tutorials 23 09-11-2018 18:45
Project Cars Digital Edition (3xDVD5) (srep+lzma) GTX590 PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions 10 28-08-2017 08:34
Project IGI Anthology 1xCD700 CIUV2 2039 mausschieber PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions 0 24-07-2017 15:12
Space Channel 5 Part 2 Translation Project Christuserloeser DC Games 0 21-06-2004 18:16
PROJECT I.G.I ????? how to copy PROJECT I.G.I???? orion PC Games 14 04-02-2001 15:01



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com