|
|
|
|
|||||||
| View Poll Results: Should installations compiled with Installer Creator be protected using methods. | |||
| Yes, I'd like all my installations to be protected. I don't want people to steal my ideas. |
|
1 | 16.67% |
| No, I like to share my ideas because it may open new paths for other people. |
|
5 | 83.33% |
| Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll | |||
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
I've been trying to create a custom setup for a game I have with Install Creator, been quite a success but I just can't get 2 things right.
1. The uninstall value in control panel always displays like this: Game name version x.x.x.x I'd like it to dispaly just the game name 2. the start menu & desktop shortcuts have the word launcher added to the end after the game name, I'd like it to just be the game name, only been able to get that right when selecting CUSTOM for the executable type but than it shows the game name instead of "Launch" on the autorun menu. Both issues are minor but it will bug me forever, I just know it, any ideas? |
| Sponsored Links |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
It would be nice if you appreciate my work with the thanks Button |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
I just downloaded & read through it, didn't see a solution for what I wanted, basically, I really want the installed product to appear at the control panel add/remove program windows with the product name only, not followed by "version 1.0.0.0"
Lets say my the product is called "My Game", currently it will appear in the uninstall list as "My game version 1.0.0.0", I want it to just appear as "My Game". As I said, found no way to control that, maybe with registry entries but I wouldn't know how. As for the desktop shortcut, as far as I can see using the CUSTOM type at the executable settings is my best option, it gives me the closest result to what I wanted. EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out, indeed using registry values, I just installed the game from the custom setup & located the registry entries the installer automatically adds for the uninstall values, from there I extracted the Displayname value and added it to the setup project, changed the display name, uninstalled, reinstalled original version, re-compiled, and uninstalled, then reinstalled from the custom setup and the uninstall value appeared right as I wanted. So I'm finally done & the custom setup ready. Last edited by vollachr; 26-09-2014 at 01:56. Reason: Solved |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| INDEX - Conversion Tutorial Index | Razor12911 | Conversion Tutorials | 5 | 11-06-2020 02:05 |
| Source Code: Conversion Converter | Razor12911 | Conversion Tutorials | 66 | 31-03-2018 18:53 |
| Preview: Conversion Tool for Advanced Setup Creator | Razor12911 | Conversion Tutorials | 6 | 10-05-2017 00:30 |
| Simple Conversion Help | akarikk | Conversion Tutorials | 4 | 09-11-2014 14:21 |