Go Back   FileForums > Games > General Gaming

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 28-04-2014, 22:56
cornoratu cornoratu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cornoratu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfw41 View Post
I now got problems with the original suffering. When the first cutscene is playing I can't even see more than 98% of the people and the other 2% look like ghosts since you can see through them and the bar doors look is if they are floating since there are nothing enen holding them to the walls since the walls are gone. And when I start playing I can't even see Torque.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I even shut of the PC right I installed just to be sure if this will fix it. Then I tried it at low res then I tried the original exe and that didn't even help.

I played this game on this PC and I didn't even had this problem(just this one problem where Killjoy just appears and disapears when he was going to explain about this test in that room where you have to put out the fires by using the sprinkler system). The only thing that is different is the video card when I played it before the PC had a X800XL video card in it now it has a X1950Pro video card. Could this be the problem?

And on another note I can play Ties That Bind with no graphix problem(just the same problem with the AI not doing their assigned routes)


Okay I just had another idea and tried the game with the crack for v1.0 and that didn't work at all.
YES!!! I finally fixed the MISSING/INVISIBLE/TRANSPARENT TEXTURES problem. What I did was just delete SettingsDX105 from the registry and then ran Suffering.exe and on the configuration utility I just set everything to the highest settings possible. If that doesn't work for you, try various settings from the configuration utility.

Note: On my particular registry, the SettingsDX105 is located under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Wow6432Node->Surreal->Riot Engine

and not under

HK_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Surreal->Riot Engine.

Either way, if you can't find it manually, just use ctrl+f and type in "Riot Engine" then hit "Enter"
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Frequently Asked Questions Joe Forster/STA PC Games - Frequently Asked Questions 0 29-11-2005 09:48
Problems Copying Syphon Filter 3 (NTSC U/C) kidxtc PSX Games 7 03-06-2002 10:23
RTWC and the problems you have Riesenhirni PC Games 1 12-12-2001 06:48
PS2 With Neo4, some Teething Problems, anyone help ? UPDATE 2 ! GAZUK23 PS2 Games 1 30-11-2001 11:16
PS2 With Neo4, some Teething Problems, anyone help ? GAZUK23 PS2 Games 1 30-11-2001 04:01



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com