|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Well its for financial trading software. We have a free client but a financially secure protocol. Getting the keys out of the executable doesn't infringe on anyone's privacy, but it would enable us to do things at the protocol level directly. Unfortunately the trading client automation is event driven only, and I want to do things outside of the event model. We also have a problem because sleep() is severely broken, and the recent versions of the client say that if any client sleeps too much, it is considered hung and crashes it :/ I just want to read/write the protocol in a session I already have credentials for, but that requires reading the keys out of the exe, stored in some packed data region. I've been somewhat public about the idea and people are interested and supportive (emotionally and morally but not financially) but nobody I know has the skill to do packed disassembly reading. I identified 6 different data regions, I only need the crypto keys and I don't care about the rest or modifying the client in any way.
|
| Sponsored Links |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I don't get it... Why don't you contact the author of this software - and, perhaps, offer your help with fixing known problems?
__________________
Joe Forster/STA For more information, see the FileForums forum rules and the PC Games forum FAQ! Don't contact me via E-mail or PM to ask for help with anything other than patches (or software in general) done by me, otherwise your request may be deleted without any reply! Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back! |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| 99min CD-R's, my great experience w/Audio & Data | abbadon | CD/DVD Recordable Media | 10 | 15-05-2002 23:16 |
| What is Subchannel data? | Papa Jim | PC Games | 1 | 23-01-2002 18:05 |
| HP9510i and CloneCD. Error reading subchannel data | arha | CD/DVD Software & Utilities | 0 | 27-11-2001 06:07 |
| RAW+96 Read and write for both data and audio | Fishking | CD/DVD Copy Protections & Utilities | 0 | 24-06-2001 10:24 |
| audio and data tracks | dench | CD/DVD-Writers | 1 | 19-02-2001 14:23 |