|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
here's what i'm gonna do:
i use darkfalz' afs compactor which saves about 70Mb per disc plus 30MB from the duplicate files and you are 100MB down without any loss of quality. i don't care for multilanguage files, because i play the game only in one language. if i have the space, i'll leave them though like in disc 1 and 4, but since i'm really short on space then why would i keep something unused like files for 3 other languages? anyway, killing of 3 languages gives me 13MB more space. i also planned on deleting or replacing the emulated games (harrier, afterburner and so on), because it's kinda dumb blowing your money on those games anyway. you only have to play them once to make them available in the main menu, so you can resort back to disc 1, where they all fit nicely, to play them. all in all you can save 122MB with this method while keeping full speech output and without downsampling them. that brings disc 2 (and most likely also disc 3) down to 847MB...enough to burn that game to a 99min disc and making it selfboot if you don't have access to the unmodified source files what are you working with then? all rips that are floating around are downsized to 80min already. by the way, do you have afsshrink? it's totally impossible to find |
| Sponsored Links |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I totally agree with emulated games deletion.
I'll look for afsshink when I'll be on my computer, I don't have acess to it right now. I don't have the original ShenmueII files handy, but I'm just a rip aways of getting them, thus why I wanna understand clearly how to downsample it to keep my damned french files. I still think htat to downsample AHX files would be the better thing to do. Thank you!
__________________
Ripping DC GD-R with dvd drive :[url]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/menace-59/gd-rom_stuff/[/url] Overclocked DC at 240MHZ With Sync VMU ...288MHZ to come ... Bleemcast GT2 own backup disc boots ! But can't load GT2... DAMN :mad: I can even swap for the real disc at the LAST check it does and it'd boot ! Almost got it :cool: ! -=FamilyGuy=- |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Frequently Asked Questions | Joe Forster/STA | PC Games - Frequently Asked Questions | 0 | 29-11-2005 09:48 |
| A complete guide in how making selfbootable dc games DATA+DATA(mode2) with LBA 45000 | @mt@ | DC Games | 4 | 16-11-2003 05:47 |
| A first guide in making selfbootable dc games DATA+DATA(mode2) | @mt@ | DC Games | 2 | 14-07-2002 01:53 |
| backing up selfbooting backups ...again | Paragon | DC Games | 0 | 08-03-2001 01:00 |