|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
the slim usb ports are not 2.0 so the speed from the usb port will be slower than reading from the disc itself you would be better off geting a used original ps2 and put a hard drive in that also the usb loaders and no where as compatible as hd loader or hd advance
__________________
"[B]I am Neptoon king of the sea; I sink ships and conger up storms[/B]" -Me |
| Sponsored Links |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Ok, thanks for your honest answer. Would it be possible to use a copy of hd advance or hd loader on an unmodded ps2? Is there some way to use backups without a mod chip or swap method. Like an exploit or something?
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
on the older ps2 models you can there is an exploit when boot ps1 games that will allow you to boot hd loader from the memory card i forget how to do it tho and the exploit was fixed on the slim ps2s
__________________
"[B]I am Neptoon king of the sea; I sink ships and conger up storms[/B]" -Me |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
I understand that running games from a hard drive attached to a ps2 slim will run slower than actually having the disk in. But I have 2 children ages 4 & 5 that play the ps2 and I'd rather not have them mess with the disks. I'm going to be placing my order for the USB Extreme next week, it will cost me $35.
I still have my old hard drive from when I had my old ps2 modded. I used a back up of hdloader. Would that hard drive work in an external enclosure with USB Extreme with the games I had already installed? I am also wondering if USB Extreme could boot gameshark, codebreaker or ar max from the hard drive then run one of the installed games. |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
the compatibility of usb extreme is so low that its not worth the $35 to buy it
your best bet is to mod the system and let your kids use copied discs and keep the originals stored away if your still determined to use usb extreme the old hd in the external case will work fine also you might want to trade in the slim ps2 for a non-slim ps2 at game stop and use hdloader
__________________
"[B]I am Neptoon king of the sea; I sink ships and conger up storms[/B]" -Me |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
That answer was so obvious, I don't know how I missed it. Thanks Snake2. Swap the slim for a fat, put in the old hard drive and ethernet adapter and then buy hdloader. I just found hdloader for $17.95 shipped. I'm not sure why I didn't think of that, freakin' brilliant. The only real problem, is finding a fat ps2. Game Stop will buy it for $55 then sell me a refurbished fat ps2 for $95. Same as Electronics Boutique. Thanks alot man for the inspiration.
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
glad i could help also also the patched hdloader that you run from your memory card is more compatible than the disc that you buy
you may want to set up your ps2 with the ps1 game exploit and run hdloader from the memory card that way you can just leave the ps1 game in the drive to boot hdloader and the kids will still not have to touch the discs
__________________
"[B]I am Neptoon king of the sea; I sink ships and conger up storms[/B]" -Me |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Fix for Trackmania - Sunrise (and addon eXtreme) | S1NnER | PC Games | 21 | 28-08-2006 15:03 |
| Adrenalin Extreme Show | starforce | PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions | 0 | 17-08-2006 17:08 |
| Extreme g boot with dvd-x make a lot of noise? | eledovino | PS2 Games | 0 | 29-11-2001 16:39 |
| tokyo extreme patch probs.. | doctor_yang | DC Games | 7 | 20-05-2001 11:04 |
| Sega Extreme Sports...(dont werk properly!) | jimbob_5050 | DC Games | 0 | 18-12-2000 09:26 |