Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 04-07-2006, 04:09
Joe Forster/STA's Avatar
Joe Forster/STA Joe Forster/STA is offline
Senior forum member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Hungary
Posts: 9,842
Thanks: 21
Thanked 344 Times in 226 Posts
Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
Just some throughts...

1. The game doesn't rely on registry entries. When I ripped it and removed its registry entries - while exporting them into a file, of course -, it continued to work happily.

2. I made my usual "savegame dir patch", to have all config files and savegames stored in the "SAVEDATA" subdirectory of the game installation directory. Meanwhile, I also upgraded from 1.05 to 1.06. While testing my patch, savegames wouldn't load anymore, I got "Disconnected from server" all the time. Something in the game went wrong because even removing the patches and moving all files to the proper location, in Windows' all users' documents directory structure, didn't help. So, I re-applied the patches and started playing again. Now it works: version 1.06, cracked (with the 1.04 crack, it does seem to work fine!), "savegame dir patched", games are saved and loaded properly. Weird!

(Damn, finally I had some time to play games this weekend... )
__________________
Joe Forster/STA
For more information, see the FileForums forum rules and the PC Games forum FAQ!
Don't contact me via E-mail or PM to ask for help with anything other than patches (or software in general) done by me, otherwise your request may be deleted without any reply!
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 14:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com