|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
1. Yes, Rituel is Deviance
2. Ripping is the process of making a game smaller so that Dialup users can download the games. Sometimes, this involves cutting some game content out.
__________________
Sanity is for the weak. |
| Sponsored Links |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
1. The new deviance is in no way connected to the old deviance, so it is very possible some peeps from Rituel stole the name and used it.
The FLT release of FEAR is a fake. It was simply tagged with FLT to render some points for the dead group. And mostly it was tagged with that because it contained the iND crack released but directly on DVD instead of a clone (I am walking thin line now, but I assure you I have the game in its original case with all my other games) and someone added FLT so it wouldn't get thrown away and forgotten. 2. ripping games is as caki said mostly packing it a lot more. Nowadays though it mostly also means ripping of soundtracks, in game movies and sometimes even whole audio. and then it gets addons in form of "speech addon", "intro addon" and so on.
__________________
UAT - Users against twats [URL]http://www.bf2player.com/index.php?page=stats&account=23459637&show=all[/URL] |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Since Muji's questions have been answered I am going to close this thread before someone gets themselves in trouble.
__________________
Can't find a Game Conversion? Check the 'Conversion INDEX'
![]() |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
If I may add, I have yet another meaning for "ripping": repackaging the game so that it doesn't need the CD/DVD even for installation. And I remove stupid intros, music tracks I don't like (techno etc.; rock and classical stays!
) and other unnecessary files that slow the game down or spoil the gaming fun, and put them into optionally installable packages.
__________________
Joe Forster/STA For more information, see the FileForums forum rules and the PC Games forum FAQ! Don't contact me via E-mail or PM to ask for help with anything other than patches (or software in general) done by me, otherwise your request may be deleted without any reply! Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back! |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Question about XBOX BIOS | QuickWhip | XBox Games | 2 | 11-12-2002 21:42 |
| Stupid Question | PileDrivingBob | PC Games | 7 | 23-09-2002 19:19 |
| Question regarding Neo 2.5 | Nincat | PS2 Games | 2 | 29-01-2002 18:26 |
| Newbie Question | Drizzt DoUrden | PSX Games | 0 | 19-12-2001 12:32 |
| Have question ff9 mod protection | GsterBurnz | PSX Games | 0 | 24-11-2000 19:01 |