|
|
|
|
|||||||
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
As far as I remember, there were posts about how the Starforce CD-keys are related to the CD and the information (how reliable? assumptions? no idea!) went that batches of CD's are burnt with the same burnt-onto-CD key and in-the-box key.
As for being so cryptic about those Starforce duplicator tools, that's pretty nonsense. I'm quite sure the Starforce developers already have them and are working on defeating them in an upcoming version of their copy protection. or
__________________
Joe Forster/STA For more information, see the FileForums forum rules and the PC Games forum FAQ! Don't contact me via E-mail or PM to ask for help with anything other than patches (or software in general) done by me, otherwise your request may be deleted without any reply! Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back! |
| Sponsored Links |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Ahh, didn't think of that... batches would be far more practical.
Quote:
).EDIT: I presume it would be just as illegal to inject the working key straight into the registry, correct? I think I spotted my CD key in there while I was looking for a region-related key... And by the way, can even ONE person vouch for that Keelman mini-image? Last edited by Anti669; 13-12-2005 at 19:23. |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Quote:
um, I think you can just put it in there... Quote:
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
my god, no serial talk here, please read the rules.
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Since the CD key is part of the copy protection rather than just the installer, I'd say in this context that just discussing cd keys is well within the rules, so long as no one asks for one, asks where to find one, offers one or offers the location of one.
Quote:
Yes, you can just type the key into the registry, and it works fine. But this is my problem - many people with the European version want this game uncensored, but if I get this working and distribute it as a "patch" (and I use the term very loosely ), their CD keys will no longer work. And I cannot simply bundle it with a text file containing the CD key and say "Type this into the registry", 'cause then it would be illegal to distribute.I suppose any way I do it would probably be illegal, since however I go about it, the serial will still be sitting there in HKCU\Software\UBISOFT\POP3\Keys, able to be read... Though if it isn't mentioned anywhere in the docs, no one might ever find it. Quote:
The only differences between the US and EU versions are POP3.exe, and the Starforce files amir.exe and amir.dll. EU SF rejects the US exe. US SF accepts the US exe, but rejects the EU key. US exe with US SF and US key then rejects the EU DVD and DVD-image. So i'm just waiting for a working US mini-image, and this should work. Though I'd really find a way around the key problem, so that GCW can host it... |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Prince of Persia Two Thrones and King Kong Runing Smoothly with Image | muhammad | PC Games | 33 | 04-02-2006 13:11 |
| Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones. TRAINER! | NeHoMaR | General Gaming | 26 | 07-01-2006 06:35 |
| Prince of Persia Warrior Within | Grumpy | PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions | 0 | 08-12-2005 05:51 |
| Having Problem Burning Jak 3 Kill Zone and Prince of persia please help | mjohn15 | PS2 Games | 9 | 13-01-2005 08:51 |