Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > SEGA > DC Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 29-07-2001, 14:47
Skip_C Skip_C is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Skip_C
Cheers for replying.

My CD-RW drive shares the IDE cable with my DVD-ROM drive, I'm not sure which is master and which is slave (I wonder would that make any difference?). I've got two hard drives (both connected to the same IDE), I wonder would it matter which one the .cdi file is on?

I have no idea about the buffer size of the writer. This will most probably sound silly, do CD burners have onboard memory? I thought they used memory for the buffer from the hard
drive? (as you can tell, I'm not naturally gifted when it comes to computers!) Like I said I've got two hard drives, so maybe it would be best if I had the .cdi files on the primary one?

I've tried closing down practically all programs and still have the same problem and have had loads of programs running on different occasions when I've had success at burning a game.

It's not just the "buffer underrun" errors that are the problem, I'm also getting errors messages saying things like "illegal parameters.." etc which make me think that maybe there might be a problem with the actual .cdi files itself.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 23:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com