|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
I've got some questions:
It ought to be possible to create something to bypass the check, shouldn't it? The problem is clearly in the protect.dll files of starforce, can't someone just create an executable for the game which doesn't call "protect.dll" at the beginning? I've heard of <i>some</i> starforce games being cracked, like Star Wolves. I suppose I just don't understand why it is any harder to create a "no-cd crack" for this game than it is for any game, perhaps someone can elaborate to someone as inexperienced in the field as I? ![]() P.S. : What is the process for creating cracks, anyway? Do they check what resources are called and then just try to write another executable from scratch? |
| Sponsored Links |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Latest patch 1.47
My disks got destroyed in the hurricanes here in FL when I had to move, so all I have left is what was installed on my laptop to play. I don't want to have to go buy the game again.
I have updated my installation to the latest 1.47 patch, and have tried to mount the "mini disk" image on a virtual drive like others have suggested, but I just can't get it to work. It seems that the ability to get past this protection has dwindled as the patches increased. Am I screwed? |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
check again, wipe some stuff out like cd-checks(optional), tag the bastard
__________________
The gateway is open and you're all coming with me..... |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
the nocd fix for polish version 1.47 also works for the english version as well? thanks
__________________
[URL="http://fytw.8.forumer.com/index.php"]http://fytw.8.forumer.com/index.php[/URL] |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
No my friend i tried it.
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
but with polish ver this no cd works ! I finished the game with this crack
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Yes with the Polish version,I have the english ver and it doesnt work.
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
please post a screenshot of exact error message and directory structure in game (i don't own the game, but maybe we could workaround this)
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="1"] [/SIZE] [I][SIZE="2"][B][FONT="Century Gothic"]Hominis est errare, insipientis in errore perseverare[/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/I] |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|