|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Solved OS problem. I simply upgraded to XP Pro. Then there was a major problem of norton speed disk running slow in XP on a fat32 partition.
Bought newest version of system works but speed disk still slow (hours). Turns out that xp doesn't like progs such as sd on fat32. After converting to ntfs, sd runs much faster!!
__________________
To climb the corporate ladder without leaving your integrity behind, you must reach the pinnacle of your profession by kicking butt, NOT kissing it! |
| Sponsored Links |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hey George, try the program 'Diskeeper'. Its heaps quicker than all other programs! I to have Xp Pro (ntfs) and Norton Systemworks 04 but still I prefer Diskeeper.
__________________
Can't find a Game Conversion? Check the 'Conversion INDEX'
![]() |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
By the way, any progs installed in 98se, some cannot be uninstalled or re-installed once you upgrade to XP, specifically A120%. I've tried editing registry keys pertaining to A120% and deleting any relevant drivers. So I figured the devil with it.
Nero upgraded just fine. I think the next release of A120% will address problems of not installing after os upgrades. Maybe sometime I'll try Cloce again, or maybe Blindread/Blindwrite, but darnit, I liked A120%. It's big problem is the setup.msi file, which I edited with Orca.exe but it still returns the 1606 error.
__________________
To climb the corporate ladder without leaving your integrity behind, you must reach the pinnacle of your profession by kicking butt, NOT kissing it! |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|