Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > Sony PlayStation > PS2 Games

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 14-10-2004, 14:17
Farkad Farkad is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: home
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Farkad
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNo9
(besides most places that sell premodded ps2s here offer 1 year warranty, if that's the case then they shouldn't have charged you at all)
They claim it's my fault because I used DVD-R discs instead of their, "superior" other kind of DVD-R games.
As for the price, It's a bit of a story too. First of all, I got it confused a little bit. It's not 50$ for the repair but 110$ or so(500NIS). The guy claims that the repair cost 220$(1000NIS) and he's willing to take 1/2 of the price because I bought the PS2 from him only a couple of weeks ago.


As for the Romeo Mod, could someone link me to a good resource about it? The only page I could find is this one. It's an okay-ish guide, but still a little bit confusing.

Edit: Also, could someone please tell me if the Romeo Mod makes the PS2 DVD-R safe, or just adding a little bit to the life of the laser? Are there any tips to treat the laser better and make sure it lives longer? For example, that guy in the store said that you should let the PS2 rest 10-15m for every 1-1.5 hours of playing. Any confirmations?


Oh and 13862, thank you so very much for your contribution! I am not finishing this post because I'm off to your wonderfully great foru

Last edited by Farkad; 14-10-2004 at 14:30.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Strange sounds and crap media. filippos PS2 Games 5 14-10-2004 15:45



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 13:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com