Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > Sony PlayStation > PS2 Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-12-2003, 04:44
ihaveanosebleed ihaveanosebleed is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 362
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ihaveanosebleed is on a distinguished road
I have a V4, it’s the 35001 which I find is slightly better than the other V4’s ( I know what your going to say...GT but from what I've seen these drives are better). I got this for next to nothing and brought the laser back to life. I noticed some squeeking or chirping on CD-R’s rinning PS2 backups even Verbatims, CD-R’s and origional CD media are very noisy. Running PS1 backups are much more quiet. For DVD-R’s I’ve only had access to cheap princo 1X media. DVD media is a lot quieter than CD’s on my PS2, they do make a little clunking sound and I couldn’t tell any difference between my original DVD or the DVD-R. I couldn’t resist trying to burn a 1X at 2X so I did and I couldn’t tell any difference with that DVD-R either. Now, just because you can’t tell any difference in sound doesn’t mean that there is no difference. It’s still a good idea to listen to your laser and compare with originals

I just had an idea to compare loading time with a stopwatch. Surprising results here, the 1X princo DVD-R I burned at 2X loaded 29.39 seconds. The original DVD game loaded the identical game section in 30.69!

Last edited by ihaveanosebleed; 09-12-2003 at 05:31.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 00:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com