Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games > PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions > Conversion Tutorials
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 12-10-2022, 19:24
L33THAK0R's Avatar
L33THAK0R L33THAK0R is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 406
Thanks: 138
Thanked 119 Times in 70 Posts
L33THAK0R is on a distinguished road
I'm not quite sure how it would work since I'm aware the current system orders the current lists of components/tasks using the integer value, but would it be possible to use a separate value to dictate the order that components/tasks appear, and instead attaching a string label to the component/task? I'm definitely interested in trying to implement this myself, since its definitely a niche use-case, given I'm sure the majority of users don't have extensive component/task lists that regularly differ and need to be re-ordered. If anyone could give me some guidance on what a possible solution would require I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm not great at describing what I'm attempting in a succinct manner, so heres a brief mockup:

Records.ini entry
Code:
[Record10]
Type=Freearc_Original
Source={src}\l33t-data-1.bin
Output={app}\
Disk=10
Component=MAINDATA
Settings.ini entry
Code:
ComponentMAINDATA.Name=Main Files
ComponentMAINDATA.ItemType=CHECK
ComponentMAINDATA.Size=2.42 GB
ComponentMAINDATA.Level=0
ComponentMAINDATA.Checked=1
ComponentMAINDATA.Enabled=0
ComponentMAINDATA.Order=1
ADDITIONAL EDIT:
I had a quick thought that it might even be easier at a glance to order items if there was a separate Settings.ini entry solely for the order of items, so for example:

Settings.ini entry
Code:
[ComponentOrder]
1=MAINDATA
2=placeholder
3=placeholder

[TaskOrder]
1=placeholder
2=placeholder
3=placeholder

Last edited by L33THAK0R; 12-10-2022 at 19:35.
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Help] need Advanced Installer script with Razor1911's UltraArc module rez3vil Conversion Tutorials 3 15-04-2024 02:24
Portable Installer Inno Setup Script y_thelastknight Conversion Tutorials 59 23-10-2020 00:02
INDEX - Conversion Tutorial Index Razor12911 Conversion Tutorials 5 11-06-2020 02:05
Simple Arc Installer 78372 Conversion Tutorials 1 15-06-2017 15:37
MSC+Srep+lzma Simple Script Example gozarck Conversion Tutorials 10 07-09-2015 16:31



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 21:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com