Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #8  
Old 26-11-2006, 03:40
!HaGaR!'s Avatar
!HaGaR! !HaGaR! is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 204
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
!HaGaR!
Patches...

I own the german retail release of scarface.

The #1 crack released didnīt work... (See other scarface thread here in fileforums - the patch blew the menu/ingame texts and so on)

As there is no german v1.0.0.2 out there (or at least I didnīt find one) I tried to install the _en-patch. It refuses because itīs only for the us release.

So I unpacked the patch and found only some installer data, a splash screen, a new scarface.exe and a file named patch01.rcf.

Looking at Maciozoīs crack it also contains these two files (scarface.exe & patch01.rcf).

So I copied Maciozoīs release to my german retail installation of scarface. Game starts, menu was okay. Entered the game... Works for a few minutes and then crashed my whole system - instant reboot.

And, why does GCW states to "apply patch v.1.0.0.2" first, when all the files installed by the patch are replaced afterwards within the crack? So patching it seems to be pretty useless. Kay, I think, the stuff didnīt check this. So please take it as a hint, not as criticism.

And, to come to an end... Someone heard something about a german update patch of scarface? Maybe with a localized patch? (Please, if this is against rule #6, please ignore this request /and/or mods please erase it)

Thnx in advance.

EDIT:

DaemonTools V4.0.8 + YASU V1.03 + good DPM = Working!
So no crack needed for me @ this stage ^^

EDIT 2:

So I copied Maciozoīs release to my german retail installation of scarface. Game starts, menu was okay, BUT ENGLISH!

Last edited by !HaGaR!; 26-11-2006 at 10:54.
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 15:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
FileForums @ https://fileforums.com