Thread: Avg
View Single Post
Old 16-07-2004, 03:49

crazygamelover is on a distinguished road
Go to www.download.com and do a search for antivirus software. It should give you the most common programs used and check out the ratings when choosing one to see what is considered the best. I actually thought avg was the best myself as that is what I use but you might want to try good ole nortons or mccaffee. Does this pop up come up when booting the pc or did you access a site and then got the pop up? If it was at boot up, then you got something going on in there, if it happened when you accessed a site, it may not have dl onto your system and it could have been a spyware or adware pop up. In any case to be sure, you may want to take neccessary precautions which may involve spending the money for a second antivirus program or use a 30 day trial program which never gives you the full effects of the program. If your like me and back up everything on your hdd all the time for such occassions, just reformat the lil bugger and 90% of the time that will kill it. Use the reformat suggestion only as a last resort as it suks to have to reprogram everything back in. Hopefully this helps you.