View Single Post
Old 11-07-2002, 05:12

DarkSoul
Quote:
Originally posted by crispy
SMC - self modifying code. i.e. the apps code changes in memory during run-time as it is decrypted.
Oh, that is so simple... why didn't I find this out by myself?

Quote:
The IAT is important otherwise any reconstructed dump will not run as no import table is available for your imports. PE format needs to be right for your dumped code.
Yes, i already know that... but the first WriteProcessMemory call should not change the IAT so the programm should run if I patch it. This way worked with Diablo 2 and Diablo 2 LoD... but not with NWN. I guess I have to spend more time for this problem...

Quote:
It certainly sounds like you haven't sorted all the redirected calls to the securom code. Your dump is already initialised to this set-up and this is deliberate to stop simple memory dumping.
Yes, I didn't change any redirected calls... why should I? I am far away of this point... this should come later, or not?

Quote:
I understand if english is not your first language....it seems good enough though.
German is my native language... but for my job I need english, too.

Quote:
No matter, as it sounds like you'll sort it out yourself one day
Yes, it could last a while... and my readme for this no-cd crack will begin with "Once upon a time there was a cracker called DarkSoul..." ;-)

Greetings,
DarkSoul